I know lots of people will do different things. I have just become registered in September, I am waiting to move into my new house in a new area so I have advertised saying I'm available from January, but I just don't get how people work out there fees. I'm my area it looks like the hourly rate is £4-£5, but then people also say £30 or £35 for a full day session. Surely if you are charging £5 an hour but £35 for a day you are loosing out on £15 a day as you are only getting 7 hrs equivalent pay rather than 10?
I was thinking of doing the session fees but not sure if I should just do hourly now or not

The area I am moving to is executive housing 400k-1 mill plus, so plenty of money about but I'm thinking they will have nannies rather than childminders, there are no childminders within a 2 mile radius (on childcare) anyway, but there is a nursery which charges £48 a day for under 2 & £44 for over 2s. They are underway with building another 600 homes reasonably priced in the part I am moving to so I'm hoping to take advantage of this. But I don't want to charge to much as they will just use the nursery, plus I'm only just starting out. I have a 2 year old myself so have to include him in my numbers to

I though all the courses and paperwork was hard, fees are totally baffling my brain