3 year old funding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 year old funding

I wonder if you lovely people could give me some advice. I've had an enquiry for a 3 year old who will be funded. If I take this child on what happens if she is poorly as I normally charge full pay for illness. Any advice please

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In my LA I am paid regardless of the child attending or not.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Check with your LA, but in general if a child is off ill on a funded day you don't have to offer an alternative day, so you get paid regardless.

If you think, a school nursery or playgroup wouldn't offer them a different day, or hand back any funding if a child had a day off ill or on holiday, so we don't either.

The only time I ever offer an alternative day is if I am off ill or need a day off.

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you also get paid a term in arrears?

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not with my LA. I get 4 payments, for example Sept/Dec. The first 3 are the same and the 4th may have a slight adjustment if I have altered my 'actuals'.

Simona Guest

You need to check the Terms and Conditions on your LA contract...unfortunately they all have their own....some are totally unacceptable but up to cms to take it or leave it.

If a child goes to a nursery in a school and is sick the school still gets paid and no alternative day is offered ...it should not be different for Cms
    Payments vary too....some LAs pay too far in arrears...often a term...again unacceptable

It is also not necessary because they get funded by central govt many months previously...some LA pay in advance

So far LAs have dictated the terms of funding...for cms these can be very harsh...maybe time to reverse the tables and offer an alternative especially bearing in mind the 30 hours!!