Hello all, it's been a long time since I have posted on here!!

I have a child who has been with me for 12months, doing 4 days a week. In sept this went down to two days with me and 2 days at nursery. I had always suspected that they were going to go there full time.

Yesterday I had a phone call to say child was leaving, and how much notice would I require so I said the agreed amount, 4 weeks, as stated and signed in our pacey contracts. Mom said ok I will let nursery know. This morning I received an email to say that the 4 day place is available now and nursery want him to start immediately or risk losing his place forever which is something they don't want since his name has been on the list since birth.

So they want to leave end of next week. I reminded them about 4 week notice period and they have said they have no intention of giving me four weeks and they can't afford to pay both settings so I have to deal with it. I have spoken to pacey and they have advised me what to do next but I basically have to wait until there is a debt.

I'm gutted and contemplating saying they may as well go now because I am going to have to stomach a loss in money either way. I would rather it was now and not a few weeks before Christmas.

What would you do? Shall I follow the letter of the law and go down legal route when they inevitably don't pay what they owe or shall I say leave now?