Hi, I have a dilemma re charging for my mindee's holidays. I am new to after school pick ups and just approaching my first holidays.
My contract states that I do not charge for any holiday I take but that any holiday they take is charged at full price. I do afterschool pick ups and I also look after these children in the school holidays. My contract has term time times (e.g. 4 hours a day) and school holiday times (e.g. 10 hours a day). Obviously the parents want to take holidays in holiday time. I have told them these will be charged at the holiday rate e.g. 10 hours, rather than the rate they pay for term time. Is this too harsh? It is in the contract but they didn't seem to realise it and when I pointed it out for clarity, they were surprised and though not complaining they're obviously not happy. Do others charge term time rates if they take holidays in school holidays? My argument would be that the place could otherwise be given to someone else needing holiday cover but I would rather go with whats normal and fair. Advice much appreciated!