Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cancelling holiday care

I have a parent who back in the beginning of June requested a week in July & August school holiday care
    I am limited during the holidays & only look after a few at a time so I can plan outings.
    I have just had parent cancel the week for August
    Since I've had to turn away 2 of my other families who needed care but found elsewhere
    Could I charge her? Or charge half

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

It will all depend what your contract says do they have to give you a certain amount of notice to change plans or does it say once booked days are charged for even if you don't use them?
    Tess1981

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It probably depends what's in you contracts and payment policy.

I have limited spare spaces in the holidays and these can be booked on a first come first serve basis. I give parents a booking form that needs to be returned to me with full payment for the holiday care. The space is only booked when I send them a confirmation letter. The booking form and my payment policy state that once holiday dates are booked and paid for there is no refund if parents later cancel the days. Unless you have something similar in you policies or contract it may be difficult to charge.

It's still worth trying though so what I would do is explain to mum that you have turned away other families as she'd requested the spaces. Therefore you will need to charge her unless you an find someone else to use the space. I would then let all your other families know that you have a space available in August and see if any of them want it.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    It probably depends what's in you contracts and payment policy.

I have limited spare spaces in the holidays and these can be booked on a first come first serve basis. I give parents a booking form that needs to be returned to me with full payment for the holiday care. The space is only booked when I send them a confirmation letter. The booking form and my payment policy state that once holiday dates are booked and paid for there is no refund if parents later cancel the days. Unless you have something similar in you policies or contract it may be difficult to charge.

It's still worth trying though so what I would do is explain to mum that you have turned away other families as she'd requested the spaces. Therefore you will need to charge her unless you an find someone else to use the space. I would then let all your other families know that you have a space available in August and see if any of them want it.
    Mum had emailed me dates & I have verbally agreed
    She paid in advance for the week in July
    But cancelled today the week in August & I was away to send my August invoice this Friday with that week included
    My policies state on holidays should care be required & cancelled that payment for the dates booked & agreed
    Would still be charged