Two different contract with same parent
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two different contract with the same parent. One is only for Wednesdays through 2 year old funding which paid through the council and the other contract for mondays and Tuesdays which paid childcare cost through the tax credits. I will be away 4 weeks in August and she wants to use those 4 missing wednesdays in July but mixing it with Mondays and Tuesdays agreement. So she will save some money. She can only use those 4 days on Thursday and Friday can't she ! Other wise I will loose money from the other agreement and make her save money. Do you think I am right ?

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by faydin View Post
    I have two different contract with the same parent. One is only for Wednesdays through 2 year old funding which paid through the council and the other contract for mondays and Tuesdays which paid childcare cost through the tax credits. I will be away 4 weeks in August and she wants to use those 4 missing wednesdays in July but mixing it with Mondays and Tuesdays agreement. So she will save some money. She can only use those 4 days on Thursday and Friday can't she ! Other wise I will loose money from the other agreement and make her save money. Do you think I am right ?
    Personally I would let her use the Monday or Tuesday.

The reason she is needing the swap is because you are on holiday so I would let her use the time on the Monday/Tuesday
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, that's very confusing having 2 contracts. My funded children all have just the one contract with funded hours clearly detailed on it.

My thoughts are:

Is the 2 year old funding paid in August? I only do funding over the 38 weeks it is paid for, so there is no funding during the school holidays.

If you are away for 4 weeks in August you cannot claim funding for that. If you have not claimed funding for it there is no money or hours "owed" so you don't need to offer alternative days.

If you have claimed money for those 4 weeks you need to offer alternative days. Over the 2 months (July and Aug) you won't lose money. If you let her swap and use the 4 days during July, she'd pay you 4 days less than usual. But in August you would be getting funding for 4 days when you are away, so getting 4 days more pay than you're due.

If you are definitely being funded for those days in August I would let her use them on any days she wants in July, but if you find you're not getting funded for those days you charge full fee as normal in July and don't swap any days. I can see why you want her to take the days on a Thur or Fri, but as it is you going on holiday and causing the issue, I would let her chose the days to suit her. You would have to remind her that it could affect her tax credits if her payments are lower for any length of time.

4. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My 2 year old funding is definately just for 38 weeks and if we are unable to work any we cannot get funding....we are asked to make up off days if possible so I did have a LO part of Easter hols so mum could work as I had a couple of closed days for family reasons in the term when she was able to care for child.

Post Thanks / Like

It's 10 hours weekly funding and all year round as the parent had chosen this option when we first started. Ok I think you are right I will let her choose any days to cover August days but I am sure she will still get the usual amount from the tax credits.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's 10 hours weekly funding and all year round as the parent had chosen this option when we first started. Ok I think you are right I will let her choose any days to cover August days but I am sure she will still get the usual amount from the tax credits.
    It may be picked up as an over payment if tax credits ever check the amounts she's paid. Presumably it'll equate to 6 weeks when she hasn't paid anything (assuming you don't charge for your 4 weeks hols plus she saves another 4 days in July). I doubt most parents would tell tax credits at the time, but they do seem very hot on checking claims at the moment and querying times when payments for childcare have dropped.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I couldn't spread it over the year but take 4 weeks off. That facility is there for parents who use nurseries or childminders who are open all year round. You definately owe the parents 4 weeks equivalent time - or you need to pay back LEA for funding paid. If I was the parent I would expect the make up for holiday days separate to my other contract too so that my tax credit contract wasn't disturbed. So not on those days paid for by tax credits.