Hello, just looking for a bit of advice on a non payment. I had a parent who paid me 4 weeks in arrears (this was something we agreed on) and I never had a problem with payment before. She was a student and was struggling with getting help with childcare costs near the end (single parent as well). One day she text me saying her bursar has not granted her any money for childcare costs so I wouldn't be able to collect her child from school anymore. I know she was genuine about this so I said I will forgo the usual 4 weeks notice as I know she couldn't pay it so I told her the balance as of the end of that week. Now this was the beginning of March and I've still had no payment from her. I've been texting her but no reply. And no answer when I phone.

What would people suggest my next move is......send her a letter? Then where do I go from there?

This lady was nice so I don't really want to get too tough with her and it's only £50 tbh but I can't just let it go because at the end of the day I did provide her with a service.