Childcare vouchers for minimum hours
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childcare vouchers for minimum hours

Hi I have had an parent enquiry to do a local nursery pick up x2 days a week it will only be for 2 hours in total , they asked what my charge is as it's very minimal but also get childcare vouchers so could pay me what ever my free is with kiddivouchers ., I'm happy to do it as I have the space for the 2 hours but what would you charge for this as I can't otherwise fill the space ? Am I allowed to charge say a one off fee of £8 - £10 per collection ( this is what the local private nursery charge ) ? Any help much needed please as I'm just starting out

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You're allowed to charge whatever you want and whatever parents agree to pay. There is no rule on what you set your fees at.

If you take on this child would it prevent you from taking on a full day child? Do you really want to commit to that?

If I were you I would set the rate at the amount you are prepared to accept. There's nothing worse than taking on a child for very few hours and for very little money, only to regret it when enquiries for longer hours come along.

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thanks , I have baby twins on these days so wasn't going to take on any others anyway so it suits my plans for foreseeable future , does anyone know if I can accept childcare vouchers for that minimum I decide to charge ?

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mynewventure View Post
    Great thanks , I have baby twins on these days so wasn't going to take on any others anyway so it suits my plans for foreseeable future , does anyone know if I can accept childcare vouchers for that minimum I decide to charge ?
    The vouchers are £243 per month (and the £243 can be paid to each parent, I believe? Someone correct me if I've got this wrong!) So you can be paid in childcare vouchers up to this value.

All the best,

L

5. Likes Mynewventure liked this post
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I get paid as little as £5 via online vouchers. Parents can pay the exact amount you bill. It might be more complicated if they use paper vouchers as they are issued in larger amounts (£124 I think).

7. Likes Mynewventure liked this post