Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do childcare vouchers work

Hi,

I have a parent who wants to pay with childcare vouchers. How does this work, what do I need to do or what does the parent have to do? Can they pay in advance with these?

Thanks

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thank you.

So if I was to ask for the first payment in advance the money would need to come out if their own pocket?

Thanks

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kmc13 View Post
    Great thank you.

So if I was to ask for the first payment in advance the money would need to come out if their own pocket?

Thanks
    It is really important when parents are using employer vouchers, tax credits, university childcare funding etc that where they get the money from is none of your business. It is their job to get you paid on the day invoice is due.

Whether they get the money from vouchers, tax credits or a stash of cash under their mattress is up to them.

Similarly, if the voucher company or the tax credits or the university are late, or make a mistake in a payment, it is the parents who take responsibility to sort it out and get you paid on time.

If they are starting a new job they won't have saved up any income in their voucher scheme so they will most likely have to pay you from their own money for deposit and maybe first month or so while voucher scheme is setting up. Personally, I would like to see a family I am taking on have enough finances behind them to pay a deposit up front.