Registering for overnighters
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registering for overnighters

Hi I look after one child age 9 Saturdays and after school . I have been asked if I could look After her overnight on the occasional Saturday . Do I inform Ofsted by telephone or do I need to request permission to do this first .
    Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Iv always done overnight care, as far as I'm aware you don't have to "ask permission" but you do have to inform Ofsted of the change and also have a thorough risk assessment in place. Also don't forget to inform your insurance company/check your covered.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hazeyd View Post
    Hi I look after one child age 9 Saturdays and after school . I have been asked if I could look After her overnight on the occasional Saturday . Do I inform Ofsted by telephone or do I need to request permission to do this first .
    Thank you
    The overnight care has been removed from our registration certificates...it is up to you to Risk Assess
    Ring Ofsted and inform them that you intend to offer OC occasionally...they will record it in your file and will give you some suggestions.

Note down what they say and record the name of the person on the Helpline...we do have a slight problem with Ofsted at the moment as those who answer our queries often given contradictory advice and sometimes not good ones either

Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your advice I will give Ofsted a ring and then have a think about charges ..