Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Children at nursery

I have a LO at present for 2 full days starting at 8am. After Christmas they are starting nursery. I charge for the 3 hours if I take them as obviously I can't fill them and am available if they need collecting early or don't go. Mum wants to cut down on childcare costs and is taking LO to breakfast club then onto nursery and I will collect at lunchtime. Problem is she still wants the space in the hols (hence the reason I charge during term time if I take them). I have another parent who has different days but wants to increase a day and wants that space in the morning. They will pay for the full day all year round. I don't want to drop the first parent in it by not having a space available in the hols.

How would you charge?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would explain to the first parent who wants to cut her child care costs but still have the space available when she needs it in the holidays that she can't have her cake and eat it!

I would charge in full or give notice and take on the other parent who IS willing to pay for the place year round.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

3. Likes KateA, Merlot liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    I think I would explain to the first parent who wants to cut her child care costs but still have the space available when she needs it in the holidays that she can't have her cake and eat it!

I would charge in full or give notice and take on the other parent who IS willing to pay for the place year round.

Miffy xx
    Yep I agree!!!
    Tess1981

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mum wants to save money by putting you out of pocket. At the end of the day it is a business arrangement and although it will be uncomfortable to let your current mum go, surely she can see why you would be doing it - she has altered the hours on her original contract. Even the nicest parents will drop us like hot cakes if their needs change and so why shouldn't we do the same. Don't mean to sound harsh, I truly understand the need to save money but you can't let people do so at your expense. x

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that. That's what I was thinking.