How annoying!!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How annoying!!!!

Why do people leave it right until the very last second to pay? Contract states payment day is the 1st, invoice says cleared payment on or before 1st. Sent a reminder text payment was due yesterday lunchtime (only because I'm on my 2 week break) so they didn't forget. 11pm last night still wasn't in! Wake up this morning and there it is! I'm glad about that as I've got so much to pay for in the next week! But why leave paying till practically midnight?

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Jealousy? Control? Don't worry, it happens to me too, Have a lovely holiday

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It could just be down to organisation. I'm on the last minute with everything. They perhaps don't realise how much you are counting on it/checking that it is in and how stressful that is. Or, like the other poster said maybe they are doing it on purpose. At least they paid you 'on time'! x

Post Thanks / Like

I think it stressed me out more cause I was relying on it! I'm still getting used to being self employed. I did like the certainty of knowing I would definitely be paid on a set day without relying on so many variables lol.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't you say if paying by bank transfer payment made by 12.00pm?

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I get this alot. In fact yesterday a parent who has previously paid late and on her last warning for it lol text to say she had to pay cash rather than the usual bank transfer. Did I want it that day or Monday? I know she was expecting me to say mon but I didn't! She had to bring it round to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tigwig View Post
    I get this alot. In fact yesterday a parent who has previously paid late and on her last warning for it lol text to say she had to pay cash rather than the usual bank transfer. Did I want it that day or Monday? I know she was expecting me to say mon but I didn't! She had to bring it round to me
    Good for you!!! Parents take the mic!!
    I had a parent yesterday wanted to pick up her lo early and said do I still have to pay?? Well yeah!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you :-) I'm definitely getting tougher I may be helpful and sweet but not where money is concerned lol x