Charges for before school only
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charges for before school only

I have a couple of school children who only come after school. I normally have a minimum charge for schoolies of £15 but I'd like to try & fill the before school slot & unsure what to charge.

Does £6 for 8am start without breakfast & £10 from 7:30 inc breakfast sound too much or about right? There's no breakfast club nearby to compare with & I don't know any CM's who have before school only mindees. I have 2 spaces every day if that makes a difference.

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Eta hourly rate for EYFS is £6 & I have a set holiday fee for school age roughly equivalent to £5/hr.

Post Thanks / Like

I only charge £5 but my school has a breakfast club at £1.50 so I can't go too high. I am full at breakfast as the real benefit to parents is that I open earlier than school breakfast club. Charge what you feel comfortable with as you don't want to be dragging yourself out of bed early for little reward ;-). I do the school run with my own children so have to be up and sorted anyway.

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that's helpful - I also do school run with my own DC & collect 2 little ones so it seems silly not to try & fill the spaces.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to charge hourly rate for school sessions or it wouldn't be worth my while. Also our school doesn't go in until 9:15. I charge £15 from 7:30 including a breakfast and have similar hourly rates to yours. Also charge minimum same as you after school. Hope that helps.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I work 8am-6pm and charge £4 per hour and £5 per hour out of these times. If someone wants before school I charge £5 for 8-9 and throw in breakfast for free. If they want before 8am I charge £5 per hour 7-8 then from 8am do my normal hourly £4 rate so it would be £9 for 2 hours before school. After school I charge £8 minimum for 2 hours plus any extra hours or meals at £2 per meal. My breakfast club at school charges 20p but don't start until 8.30. If someone wants childcare for a schoolie from 8.30 I just tell them to contact the school. I can't compete with that but also for 30 mins I don't want the hassle!