How would you charge for this?

Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How would you charge for this?

I have a set of parents wanting to use me as a childminder for their daughter.

I am usually open 8-6 and charge £60.

They are after 7-7 for two weeks and then two weeks of 9-4

Would you charge two different amounts depending on the length of the day or just tell them the price is "x" a month regardless of hours used?

Thank you

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

The days I was doing 9 til 4 I would charge the £60 as I would get that for any other child if my hours were 8 til 6. I would charge at least $72 for the 7 til 7 days but probably nearer £80. 12 hours is an incredibly long day, it is also unsociable hours because I don't want to start my day at 7am and not finish til 7pm. This would totally disrupt my family at both ends so a huge inconvenience for me and would charge to cover this. I have used your pricing structure in working out how much I would charge.

It would depend how much you want or need the business. The hours of 9 til 4 I wouldn't give a reduction for as I would still be working with other children from 8 til 6 so one child starting later and finishing earlier wouldn't be of any benefit to me. In my own business I only charge a daily rate, no hourly rate so parent pays daily charge no matter what hours they do in between.

I wouldn't do th 7 til 7 hours but then I would struggle to work til 6 everyday as I finish at 5.30pm and struggle with that

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

I have told them I can't do it.

My children would never get a look in as my baby goes to bed at 7.30 and doesn't get up until 7.15. I would not have been able to give her the attention she needs. My family have to come first sometimes