Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shift worker, how to work out fees?

Hi everyone, just after a little advise.

One of my mindee's who currently attends 6 hours per day (which is my minimum daily charge) will be changing hours soon due to her mum starting a new job.

The new job is full time but will be shift work as mum will be required to work some weekends. I should think I will the mindee for a minimum of 3 days per week but could be 5 depending on the shift pattern.

From looking at previous posts it looks a good idea to to set a minimum amount of hours per week to be paid for then top up as and when needed, so my question is how do you decided how many hours to charge for a minimum per week?

And do you think this is the best way to deal with shift workers?

Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicadooby View Post
    Hi everyone, just after a little advise.

One of my mindee's who currently attends 6 hours per day (which is my minimum daily charge) will be changing hours soon due to her mum starting a new job.

The new job is full time but will be shift work as mum will be required to work some weekends. I should think I will the mindee for a minimum of 3 days per week but could be 5 depending on the shift pattern.

From looking at previous posts it looks a good idea to to set a minimum amount of hours per week to be paid for then top up as and when needed, so my question is how do you decided how many hours to charge for a minimum per week?

And do you think this is the best way to deal with shift workers?

Thanks x
    All my EY's children are from shift workers and that is exactly what I do although we put a minimum number of hours per month rather than per week. I decided on the minimum based on what I needed to earn from that space. I had the figure in mind and then asked parents what figure they thought.
    TBH not sure if I had my time again I would be so flexible though. It has it's pro's and con's. I would just say don't sell yourself short.

xxxx