I have a wee one coming for the first time this MOnday for first day of settling in, then Tuesday, then Wednesday (all settling for a couple of hours a day). Starts a week on MOnday, 3 full days. £97.50 a week.

Due to this start on Monday I have turned down 2 children 2 days a week(April start) and at least 6 other children 2 days a week come August.

I am going with this one as wee one is starting now. Anyhow, if things fall through or wee one doesn't settle or anything really, I have lost tons of potential business. The April start was a cert really.

I am going to email parent now asking for a months fee's as a deposit (£390, refundable when child leaves me) and I would like that on MOnday when they are coming to sign contract, policies and have first settling in session. Then the following week when child starts officially I want a month's fee's in advance, or a weeks fee's in advance, depending on how they are paying me.

Obviously I don't know parents exact financial position but both are secondary school teachers so should be able to afford it.

Do childminders ask for this before they start settling in session? Or usually once they actually start minding? Thanks.