Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charge for half term

Hi

I have a child who I have a couple days a week however they are not sending him during half term as meeting up with family etc.
    they normally pay by cheque but we are changing it to direct debit as of this week but I haven't received the money.
    I am sure it's just that they have forgotten, as they haven't seen me - whats the best way to gently nudge them!!? I feel a bit awkward about asking as I haven't actually had him!!
    but we do have a year round contract
    Thanks x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Stars View Post
    Hi

I have a child who I have a couple days a week however they are not sending him during half term as meeting up with family etc.
    they normally pay by cheque but we are changing it to direct debit as of this week but I haven't received the money.
    I am sure it's just that they have forgotten, as they haven't seen me - whats the best way to gently nudge them!!? I feel a bit awkward about asking as I haven't actually had him!!
    but we do have a year round contract
    Thanks x
    Just send a text and say you wondered if they had had chance to set up the direct debit as the money hasn't appeared in your account yet, had to do this myself last weekend and chase it ., really hate it it's hard to phrase it isn't it? Hope you get it sorted

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

In this situation I would also send a text saying just a reminder that such and such was due on such a such date. Usually the parents say whoops sorry, or it's already been sent it should be clearing. Good luck

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for advice! The money side is the worst part of this job isn't it!!
    I checked my account again before sending and its gone in! Phew!

Thanks again love this forum everyone is so helpful x

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in a similar situation just now,
    I hate having to chase money,