breakdown of charges
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default breakdown of charges

hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone can tell me how they work out all fees/charges as I have no clue where to start! I have an idea of the hourly/daily rate in my area but that is all (£3.50p/h or about £30ish a day)

how does the deposit work - i.e is this held until the child is no longer a mindee or is it deducted from payment.
    how much notice do you require?
    do you charge holidays/bank hols etc?
    do you charge a sibling discount?
    whats your day rate (im in northwest) and is food included
    finally, how do you manage someone who wants to reserve you say 6 months in advance?

many thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2lovelygirls View Post
    hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can tell me how they work out all fees/charges as I have no clue where to start! I have an idea of the hourly/daily rate in my area but that is all (£3.50p/h or about £30ish a day) how does the deposit work - i.e is this held until the child is no longer a mindee or is it deducted from payment. how much notice do you require? do you charge holidays/bank hols etc? do you charge a sibling discount? whats your day rate (im in northwest) and is food included finally, how do you manage someone who wants to reserve you say 6 months in advance? many thanks
    £3.90 an hour
    £30 a day (10 hour max)
    £150 a week (5 days)

Breakfast, baby wipes and snacks included

Lunch £1.50 dinner £1.50 or £2.50 reduces rate for both

Bank holidays - if I'm open its normal rate plus £5 extra

Deposit (please note I am odd, no other CMs do this): £50 per child to be removed from first invoice

I only take children at most 6 weeks before the date they start

My invoices are in arrears: on 1st I send detailed invoice for previous month

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charlottenash View Post
    £3.90 an hour
    £30 a day (10 hour max)
    £150 a week (5 days)

Breakfast, baby wipes and snacks included

Lunch £1.50 dinner £1.50 or £2.50 reduces rate for both

Bank holidays - if I'm open its normal rate plus £5 extra

Deposit (please note I am odd, no other CMs do this): £50 per child to be removed from first invoice

I only take children at most 6 weeks before the date they start

My invoices are in arrears: on 1st I send detailed invoice for previous month
    Gosh you give a big discount for all day - 10 hours should be £39 but you only charge £30.

I don't do any discounts for whole days, more than one meal or siblings.
    My hourly cost includes snacks, drinks, toddler group fees, small trips.
    I am not available bank holidays so do not charge.
    I do take a deposit of £100 if the arrangement is for months in advance but I also deduct it from first months fees, which is probably a little silly as then I don't have a safety net if they don't pay - but saying that I charge weekly or monthly in full in advance.
    I have been lucky with my siblings starting after a long maternity leave - the older children have always still come as normal (all my mindees are part time), and the babies generally start Oct/November time so as I lose one child to school another one starts a few months later - I know I could charge a retainer but I choose not to as they have still kept older child with me - I persuaded them this would be good idea in case we had to use the "continuity of care" trump card!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone can tell me how they work out all fees/charges as I have no clue where to start! I have an idea of the hourly/daily rate in my area but that is all (£3.50p/h or about £30ish a day)We only do hourly rate in this area no day rate.

how does the deposit work - i.e is this held until the child is no longer a mindee or is it deducted from payment.Non refundable (if parent changes mind) deposit taken when booking place taken off final month's care. Preferably 1 month's fees
    how much notice do you require?at least 4 weeks notice to end or change a contract
    do you charge holidays/bank hols etc?I am available to work bank holidays and charge normal fee BUT if they want to come I charge £5ph. I don't charge for my time off but I charge full for child's time off as I am available to work and they are paying for a booked space and not for my time.
    do you charge a sibling discount?I used to but don't now. I may be persuaded during negotiations but unlikely
    whats your day rate (im in northwest) and is food includedHourly rate of £3.50 charged no day rate I am in South West Wales. We charge extra for food. I charge £1 for light lunch (sarnies) and £1.50 for cooked but I am cheaper for meals than most here. Breakfast, snacks, milk & drinks included (not baby milk)
    finally, how do you manage someone who wants to reserve you say 6 months in advance?If it is my only space I am soft and say I won't charge until I have another enquiry - I then charge 1/2 rate retainer (non refundable)

many thanks
    All childminders work differently you need to work out what suits you and your local area
    Last edited by tulip0803; 19-09-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone can tell me how they work out all fees/charges as I have no clue where to start! I have an idea of the hourly/daily rate in my area but that is all (£3.50p/h or about £30ish a day) I charge a higher hourly rate than that but I charge hourly so a 10 hour day would be 10 x hourly rate.

how does the deposit work - i.e is this held until the child is no longer a mindee or is it deducted from payment.
    Four weeks fees paid when the Contract is signed and kept to the end of the Contract when it covers the 4 weeks notice period Had too many none Notice payers not to do this and most of the local minders do this.

how much notice do you require? 4 weeks

Half fee for my 5 weeks holiday, full fee for parents holiday. I am prepared to work all BH if needed so normal fee if they don't use me, triple fee for Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years Day and double fee for the rest if I work.

do you charge a sibling discount? I have been caught out on this one so now I only give 10% on the older child if they are 4 or 5 full days a week otherwise no.

whats your day rate (im in northwest) and is food included I don't have a day rate I charge by the hour. It includes all wipes, outings, toddler groups and meals and snacks

finally, how do you manage someone who wants to reserve you say 6 months in advance? I have just had someone do that this year. Insisted on paying me a retainer from Feb to Oct. I charged £50pw from Feb to July and then 1/2 fees from then until Oct but they have started at the beginning of Sept. I still charge the 4 weeks fees Deposit when they signed Contracts in Feb and if they had pulled out before starting they would have lost their retainer fees and their Deposit.

many thanks

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone can tell me how they work out all fees/charges as I have no clue where to start! I have an idea of the hourly/daily rate in my area but that is all (£3.50p/h or about £30ish a day)

I take a non refundable deposit at the time of booking and then take it off of the first invoice.

how much notice do you require?

4 weeks

I charge for all my bank holidays (as per contracted hours) and I have 2 weeks paid holidays per year (pro rata for part time)

do you charge a sibling discount?

None given for under 8's but would consider new starters over 8

whats your day rate (im in northwest) and is food included

Normal rate plus cost of food (mine is £2.50 per meal)

finally, how do you manage someone who wants to reserve you say 6 months in advance?

I am just sorting one now for Nov 14 and I have taken a non refundable deposit because I don't have the space until September 14

many thanks
    every area has different rates so it is hard to give an exact answer
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

how does the deposit work - i.e is this held until the child is no longer a mindee or is it deducted from payment. I charge a months fee as a deposit and this is the payment for the first month. Payments are then always in advance, either monthly, weekly, or fortnightly.

how much notice do you require? 4 weeks notice for most things - ending contract, changing contract, notice for my holidays etc

do you charge holidays/bank hols etc? Basically, if I'm available to work I charge, if I'm not available, i don't. Child's holiday/time off are charged at full fee. My time off, no fee. I am prepared to work all bank holidays apart from Christmas, New year & Easter, so no fee is charged for those. As I am available for all other BHs, they need paying for. If the child comes (has to be booked 4 weeks in advance), it's double fee. If they don't come it counts as their time off, so full fee is due.

do you charge a sibling discount? I don't give a sibling discount

whats your day rate (im in northwest) and is food included My fee includes lunch & snacks. I don't provide breakfast or an evening meal

finally, how do you manage someone who wants to reserve you say 6 months in advance? I'm lucky in that I rarely have vacancies. The only way I can accept a child to start in 6 months time is if I know another one will be leaving then. I do have people wait for my space to become available, so i charge a non-refundable deposit to secure the place and set a date they need to start paying from

many thanks