Offering funded hours plus extra hours
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Offering funded hours plus extra hours

I've just started offering funded hours for 3 & 4yr olds. I have one child who has been Attending for some time and has just become entitled to funding. So he will take his hours over 3 days, 5 hours each. On some days he will stay for the whole day, so an extra 5 hours. How would you charge for this?

My hourly rate is £4.25, but my day rate is £35. So should I charge 5 hours at £4.25ph or should it be proportionate of the daily rate, so 5 hours at £3.50?

What would you do?

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge your hourly rate. Your day rate is for charging a full day, the benefit of doing longer hours is a lower hourly rate. If you were picking up from 5hrs at nursery and keeping the child for 5 hrs you would use your hourly rate, I don't see it as any different to this :-)

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I will do that