Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to charge help please

Hi

I have been approached to have a child in the morning between 8 and 9.30 to drop to preschool . I will have her 3 mornings a week until November and she will then come one morning a week as a friend of mine ( also child minder) is going the other 2 days as I've got others due to start.
    I usually charge 2 weeks deposit my question is do I charge a deodorant for the value of all 3 mornings or just the one that I know I will be continuing with and how does this work with the contract?

Also the child is 4 will I still need to plan for her and obs etc if she is only with me for half hour before we leave for school runs etc and will I need to link with the preschool!?
    Sorry so many questions!!!!

Thanks x

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i think deposit for days you are using at the time of contract.if it goes pear shaped early on then you will be out of pocket if deposit is for less days..
    also predictive texing is great lol ...deodorant ..i presume you meant deposit

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol ha ha yes deposit!!!

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

When I have had this situation in the past (reducing hours/days) I have done a contract review and returned a proportion of the deposit, to make it match 4 weeks at the new hours. I do a brief letter stating that we have agreed to reduce the contract hours to X (listing times for each day, that all other terms and conditions remain as before, and that I am returning £x of the deposit, so am now holding £x until the end of the contract. The parents and I sign 2 copies and we attach one to each of our contracts (I gave up doing new contracts every time as some people have changed hours so many times that would get silly!).