Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What a mug!!!

Registered Childminder since
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What a mug!!!

Seriously needing to take a look at my fees and what I pay for! I've always said I'm happy to pay to take LO's to playgroup, gym time etc but if we go somewhere that costs more than a couple of pounds I'll need at least a contribution from parents if not the whole amount. Been taking one LO to gym time for two years now (£2) but now he's moved up to next level, first class today and I get asked for £25.20 for seven week block!! Parents were sent a letter telling them how much it was and when it needed to be paid but didn't bother to tell me! I get £3.75 an hour for this child and they expect me to pay £3.60 of it for 45 min gym class! Won't be taking him back again. Sorry for long post, just needed a rant!! And yes, before anyone else says it, I know it's my own fault for letting them get away with not paying for anything for the last three years!!!

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have it in my policies that outings are included in my fees, apart from 'special' ones eg: theme parks, zoos etc and any outings requested by a parent. That way I get to pick and choose what is within my budget.

Maybe the child's parents will be prepared to pay for the gym sesssions if they wish him to continue, if not then find something else to do that doesn't lose you money
    Last edited by Bridey; 19-08-2013 at 02:08 PM.

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to tell them at pick up tonight that I need half of it to be able to continue. I think my main complaint about it is that they knew that the whole block needed paid and didn't tell me I had to pay out £25 in one go today-all other things we go to are paid one week/visit at a time and that was a bit of a shock!!

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked into taking my lo's to mini gym but was told it's £4.50 for 45 mins and you have to block book and pay in advance... I couldn't do that and the reaction I got from the parents was.. sorry it's too much for us to pay so I haven't done it, the same goes for Splatt Messy Play

In your case if the parents don't want to pay at least half then I wouldn't go any more.. sad but it's too costly to you

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I's be saying you want all of it..
    Debbie

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you pay it then? I would have refused and come home again, if parents want this sort of thing they need to organise and pay it and I'd be happy to take the child at the correct time if it fits for everyone. No way would I get involved wi the classess being paid for.
    Tell mum you need the whole amount paying this week because you had to use your food/rent/bill (what ever it was) money to pay for it

feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I didn't pay it! I was expecting to pay the usual £2 i pay for the younger ones so when he said £25 I just looked at him in shock!! I said I knew nothing about it as he wasnt my child and i didn't have that much with me so he said to just pay this weeks and pay the block next week. No way was I paying that much without knowing I would get at least some back! Spoke to mum at pick up and she denied knowing about the cost, said there was nothing in the letter about it, told her I'd seen the letter and it did say full payment up front. She's going to speak to dad tonight to see what he says about continuing and them paying so will see what happens

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a parent (she was my only EYFS at the time) ask me to take LO to a different group to which I already took her and she paid the fee. She offered. I don't know what will happen after the summer holidays as meeting with another possible full timer on Weds, so we will see about that group as you have to pay per child

PRE-REG
    Post Thanks / Like

No way should u pay this! I'd add it as an extra onto that childs bill, listed of course and then for example request £100 fees or £125 to include new activities and see what you get paid!!
    I'm like the others.. If i choose to take them to playgroups, playcentres, messyplay, chilren centre then i pay. If i am doing a theme like animals etc and want to go to the zoo i request the payment from the parent well in advance. X

Non childminder member
    EY Practitioner
    Post Thanks / Like

I would add it on to the bill, obviously discuss this with parents first

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do as another post said. I pay if I choose to take the children but if a parent asks for them to go to classes/groups then they have to pay. If I did it for one I'd feel I had to do it for them all. I must say that all my parents are good and generally offer some contribution to outings and things