Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Calculating after school and holiday costs.....need help plz

I'm due my son in a week (i have major baby brain) but plan to go back to work middle of September, my friend has been given a job of 16 hours a week and the way she wants to calculate it is to add up all the school holidays and term times then divide it by 12 months so its the same payment every month which seems fair to me, but i've never worked this way before so need some advice from you lovely ladies.

Am I right in saying there are 13 weeks of scottish school holidays??? Her hours are as follows:

Monday: 12 - 7 (term time i would have them from 3pm til 7.30pm) 4.5 HOURS (Holiday from 11.30am until 7.30pm) 8 HOURS
    Wednesday: 1 til 4 (term time I would have them 3pm to 4.30pm) 1.5 HOURS (Holiday from 12.30 until 4.30pm) 5 HOURS
    Friday: 8 til 2 (term time i would have them from 7.30am to 9am) 1.5 HOURS (Holiday from 7.30am to 2.30pm) 7 HOURS

My fees are £3.50 for the first child and I've discounted the other 2 children to £3.15 so for one hour it comes to £9.80

So if ive calculated this right it should be 13 weeks holiday = 20 hours x £9.80=£2548
    39 weeks term time = 7.5 hours x £9.80 = £2866.5

Holiday plus term time = £5733 per year / 12 months = £477.75 a month

Is this right?????? Like I said I have serious baby mush and I just want to get it right as never used this calculation before

all feedback much appreciated xx

Post Thanks / Like

I've just done this for one of my mindees. I have them mon-Wednesday I basically printed a calendar marked all the school hols and inset day and counted every individual day! Times the days by amount of hours then times that by hourly rate which gave me the total for the year. I just divided that by 12
    Any extra days/hours +/- I alter each month
    Mandy xx

3. Likes abba1772 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also do you charge for your holidays if not that would be deducted, and bank hols
    Mandy xx

Apr 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adedwards68 View Post
    Also do you charge for your holidays if not that would be deducted, and bank hols
    I completely forgot about my holidays, if take holidays i dont charge but if the parents take holidays which aren't the same as mine i normally charge.

I normally just work what I can but defo take two weeks off during the summer holidays.