Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default charging for over 8's?

Hi I have a mum coming to see me today, she wants me to have her 9 year old two days in the hols and term time to pick him up two days from school. My hourly rate has always been 3.50 but some around here charge 4.00 so I'm considering putting fees up?
    Not sure wether to charge hourly for easiness or work it out so its the same amount every week to even it out throughout the year?

And am I right that I do not need to keep a learning journey on a 9 year old? Obviuosly I will do something such as a scrap book, would that be ok?
    Thanks

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 9year old last week and will possibly ad-hoc for other parts of holidays I went in at £5 per hour as it is more a case of they need me more than I need them and I planned 1 day where I only had the older children so I could take them out for a day.

I often find the older children more hard work than the EYFS age group!! We played lots of card games, board games, had busy tubs ready to go and tbh am out of pocket pretty much haha!!

But my own children 8,11 seemed to enjoy having another child their age in the setting (me, not so much Ekkk)

3. Likes Lucy000 liked this post
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    I had a 9year old last week and will possibly ad-hoc for other parts of holidays I went in at £5 per hour as it is more a case of they need me more than I need them and I planned 1 day where I only had the older children so I could take them out for a day.

I often find the older children more hard work than the EYFS age group!! We played lots of card games, board games, had busy tubs ready to go and tbh am out of pocket pretty much haha!!

But my own children 8,11 seemed to enjoy having another child their age in the setting (me, not so much Ekkk)
    I have my own 8 and 7 year old so hopefully they will enjoy having him here! I also have a 13 year old who hates the fact that *****mind. I have to continuously remind him about where his pocket money comes from!! x

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy000 View Post
    I have my own 8 and 7 year old so hopefully they will enjoy having him here! I also have a 13 year old who hates the fact that *****mind. I have to continuously remind him about where his pocket money comes from!! x
    Meant to type childmind- silly phone!