Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice please

Hi everyone,
    I just need some advice on what to do with a parent, she is on a term time contract only supposed to pay weekly, 3 weeks ago she failed to pay the following week she text me half hour before to tell me not to pick kids up then for the following week I couldn't contact her to see which 2 days I was picking kids up from school as she was ignoring my texts and calls.
    So in theory she owes me 3 weeks money, I have seen her every day on the school run where she obviously feels uncomfortable and turns her back. I managed to speak to her once where she said her phone was broken!!! she apologised and said she would catch up with me but I don't think she has any intentions of paying at all, fees amount to £95.
    I feel so angry
    Why do parents do this? I just feel so used, I looked after her children so well and get treat like this ggggrrrr

thanks
    Lucy

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you only got a mobile number for her?

Because she has been so rude to you, turning her back when she sees you. I would go to her house & ask what's going on, hand her the invoice & late fees.
    Do you have insurance with pacey or mm? Maybe give them a call & see what they say you should do. I'd then let her know that you are seeking legal advise regarding the non payment of fees. That might make her realise she can't get away with not paying you.
    I'd probably also take a copy of my payment policy & a copy of the contract when I go & see her so she can't make out she didn't know.

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Also... I'd take a letter terminating the contract with immediate effect x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

firstly speak to your insurance company to check but I would

write a letter saying that you are asking if she would like to give notice in the circumstances. If so you will need that notice in writing and it will be effective 4 weeks from the date of receipt OR as someone as said you could say 'in the circumstances I feel it's better to terminate the contract and I am giving you 4 weeks notice with effect from now. Our contract will end on xxx date. Please remember to inform tax credits etc, etc.

Then say, payments owing to date are: then detail what she owes.

Explain that these are late and from this date, late payment fees will be charged daily. Give her the option of paying to your bank account or by cash - NOT cheque.

good luck getting the money honey. what an awful cowardly way for her to act
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    Have you only got a mobile number for her?

Because she has been so rude to you, turning her back when she sees you. I would go to her house & ask what's going on, hand her the invoice & late fees.
    Do you have insurance with pacey or mm? Maybe give them a call & see what they say you should do. I'd then let her know that you are seeking legal advise regarding the non payment of fees. That might make her realise she can't get away with not paying you.
    I'd probably also take a copy of my payment policy & a copy of the contract when I go & see her so she can't make out she didn't know.
    Yes just a mobile contact number but I was thinking the same of just going and knocking on her door. I have insurance with pacey so will ring them on Monday. Thank goodness that not all parents are as rude as she is otherwise I'd be very tempted to give up!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

don't give up because of her. I nearly did once with a problem child/parent but when they had gone it was like a different job - honestly.

don't wait til monday though hon. Do the letter today, post it through the door. Tell PACEY you have done this i.e. asked her to give notice/given her notice and asked her to bring payments up to date for arrears plus anything owing for notice period.

Then take it from there.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

As the juggler said, don't wait til Monday. Write the letter & take it tomorrow then phone pacey Monday morning.
    What a rude woman.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

The most annoying thing is she is posting things on her facebook page like what she's doing spending her money, posting pictures of her money etc... my husband is so angry he feels like going to her house himself and throttling her but of course we can't do that, its so difficult just letting someone take the mick

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Posting pics of her money??? How strange.

I think I'd have commented on the pic saying I'll be round to collect my share tomorrow.
    Take the letter 1st thing in the morning! I think my hubby would say the same!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsh3103 View Post
    Posting pics of her money??? How strange.
    Do all the freaks hang out on FB ?????

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Do all the freaks hang out on FB ?????
    No not at all some are on twitter too
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

12. Likes bunyip, VeggieSausage liked this post
    Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    No not at all some are on twitter too
    and some are on numptymums.....

14. Likes sing-low, bunyip liked this post
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a childminder who was owed fees, parent was few days late, childminder turned up at her work asking for her money stating she had provided her a service etc, needless to say cm was paid that evening

I wouldn't be looking after her kids until she pays but would certainly if you can go round to her house asking for payment, if she says she's skint, print off her Facebook splurges and show her

16. Likes Lucy000 liked this post