Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank transfers.

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bank transfers.

Does anyone have any ideas how long it takes for a bank transfer from one bank to a different one?
    My online banking says please allow up to 48 hours for external transfers money transferred internally will be within 3 hours.

I had a parent say she transferred her fees to my account on Saturday. I've still not had them.
    I sent her a friendly message last night just checking she remembered to do it. She said she had.
    Should I start worrying yet?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess it may be "working days" so wouldn't have been actioned until Monday - but still seems a long time. Does this parent always pay you this way or was this the first time? I would double check with her that she has your correct bank details and ask her to check her on-line bank statement to see if it has left her account, it should be up to her to chase it then with her bank. Tell her in future she will have to transfer it across sooner so the money is in your account on the day you specify.

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

mine is usually within minutes when I transfer from one of my banks to another so would be worrying. Has she transferred if she has done it before then the numbers must be ok.if its the first time then get her to double check that she has done it right .it shouldn't take this long

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been paid in this way in the past and its usually in my account that day, so perhaps mum needs to check it went through ok and to the right account

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I bank with HSBC, Santander and RBS...( yes I know its a lot...lol) but they all offer something different for me

All the transfers are shown within minutes
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

7. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same for me-transfers within 2 hours at most but usually minutes x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Immediately here too. If I transfer between accounts its immediate and if someone pays into my account it shows immediately too. I'm with RBS / Natwest.

xxxx

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't usually have a problem with her payments.

I'll ask her to double check the details. I just don't want her to think I'm accusing her of not sending the money.

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Odd for years parents have paid me bank transfers and alway in same day I get a text telling me

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

if there is a building society involved it can take longer? bank to bank is at most 3 working days so if it was done saturday you should have received it by this morning.

the mum needs to double check with her bank that she input the correct numbers and what their stated timescales are as she can tell them who you bank with they will be able to give her exact dates.

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

It's going from barclays to Halifax. I'll leave it until tomorrow morning. If still no money I'll tell her she needs to pay in cash & when the money turns up in my account I'll send it straight back. I've got bills going out tomorrow :-/

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

ive just googled it for you and it states 4 days x

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I'll see what happens tomorrow as today would be the 4th working day

16. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I find that if it is a first payment then it can take up to 3 days and that is working days. if mum sent it on Monday (even though she entered it on Saturday) then I would expect the money to be with me today or tomorrow.
    Debbie

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one parent who always pays me by bank transfer on the 1st of the month...always went straight in.
    One month it got to the 5th and no show, so mentioned it and she said she had done it...she went to check, and it turned up two days later.
    I've had the same between my accounts...sometimes it disappears into cyber space for a while lol

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Still no money yesterday lunch time so I text her & said its not arrived in my bank.
    'She said how strange. I've sent you 3 weeks worth of fees.'
    I don't really have any reason not to believe her, she's always paid on time no questions.
    But I'm starting to get a bit worried that I'm not going to get paid or that she's going to make out that she did send it & get 3 weeks of free childcare then leave!
    I don't understand why she would send me 3 weeks in one go when she pays weekly. She didn't respond when I asked her why.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask her to go to a cash machine get a mini statement and then show you the figure that is 3 weeks worth of childcare - also ask her to pay you in cash for the money she owed for this week as not fair that you can't pay your bills when this is something she needs to be sorting out with her bank.

Post Thanks / Like

How does she usually pay? I would ask her to check with her bank and find out when the payment was sent from them and double check the account numbers were correct.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

She normally pays either in cash or by bank transfer.
    I'm a bit worried about her feeling I'm accusing her of not paying. Not because she'd be nasty but I have quite a good relationship with her that I don't want to ruin.
    I might pop into my bank today & see if there are any pending payments on my account. I just had to extend my overdraft so I don't get bank charges. Stressed out!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather than texting her can you phone? At least then she'd have to answer your questions directly.

It does sound as if she's not made the payment and is avoiding answering your questions. If I'd made a bank transfer and the person was saying it hadn't arrived a week later, I'd be straight onto my bank to sort it out. It seems strange that she has supposedly sent you 3 weeks worth of money, but isn't concerned that it hasn't arrived.

If you don't want it to sound like you are accusing her, word it that you are worried her money has got lost somewhere in the banking system. Tell her that you have had to extend your overdraft, so obviously need the money from her ASAP. She's going to have to pay you cash now, so you want to help her trace the lost money as soon as possible. Word it that your concern is for her and her missing money. Ask for proof of payment so you can present it to your bank as evidence.

Don't let her fob you off that she has made the payment. Payment is only made once it has reached your account, or once you have the cash in your hand. I bet once you start pushing, she'll suddenly 'realise' that the payment hasn't gone through.

And of course, if it is a genuine bank hold up, you have helped her sort it out!'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast