Holiday question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday question

I always used to work out holiday as calculating the fees due for the whole year, minus my holiday, then divided over 12 months. However it occurs to me I've probably lost out this way over the years (kids leaving, or -more likely- me never taking the holiday I've discounted for)

So now I was thinking perhaps I'd be better invoicing actual hours worked, and saving the difference up to 'pay' myself when my holiday weeks come around - and if I don't take them then it has been saved. Does anyone else do it this way? I suppose the issue there is it is extra earnings to be taxed on! Lol

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I average mine out over 12 months and have a section where I write "should this contract end before the 31st August of any year then I have the right to recalculate the fees based on time used and monies paid". Normally I come out on top and don't need to make any changes but it is nice to have it there in case
    Debbie

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I invoice for the month ahead for the planned to be used hours. If I am then off due illness for example I take those hours off the next month. I used to divide hours equally by month but found it never worked out properly in the end as there are so many factors - illness, holiday, my kids seem to change their hours constantly so I would be forever changing it.
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I always take a months deposit then invoice a month in arrears. Deposit is last month pay (never left without notice money). Holidays therefore are just not invoiced for so will be worse of that month which is a pain but works best for me