DO NOT SHOUT AT ME
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DO NOT SHOUT AT ME

I think you have to do what is right for you and the parent here

Sometimes we have got to do what we have got to do if it means keeping a child - even if its wrong

Just dont undercut yourself too much otherwise you might really resent it long term

How did it go anyway ?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I need to move lol

Do you know what the average the local nurseries charge? might be worth finding out before you decide but with amount of money from 1 child, I can see where you are coming from and its always nice to have a day or 2 off each month.

I guess I do the same as I do just termly contracts for most of my mindees as they have brother/sisters at school so parents arrange for family to have them so some holidays I can be out of pocket but the parents save abit

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

mum has just left and it's sorted
    i asked her what she would prefer
    me having e m-f
    me having e 4 days
    going back to 3 days

she said she'd prefer 4 days m - thurs and i said good so would i and i'll give you 5% discount as well.
    it now means that in sept i will have no kids in the morning on fridays so can have a some time sorting the house and come jan i will have fri's off as long as i stick to not spreading the others onto a friday to ease the load.

now i know what's happening i just need to write to ofsted re the variation

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad youve got it sorted. I wish I still had my Friday morning off.
    Annie x

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

i work 72 and a half hours a week monday to saturday... i dont want to work on a saturday time as im getting no 'me' time.

i dont mind working monday 2 friday, but working so meny hours is making me ill and is affecting my home life with partner.

yesterday a parent assumed i was ok to take their child on a saturday and sunday starting this week! i tried to say no but she is one if these peopel who make a moutain out of a molehill and exagerates situations, i offered her a number of my backup childminder for a saturday but she said no. she makes me feel bad about everything, last year i only took 8 days holidays which were due to illness and she gave me a load of grief for it too.

June 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilsteff View Post
    i work 72 and a half hours a week monday to saturday... i dont want to work on a saturday time as im getting no 'me' time.

i dont mind working monday 2 friday, but working so meny hours is making me ill and is affecting my home life with partner.

yesterday a parent assumed i was ok to take their child on a saturday and sunday starting this week! i tried to say no but she is one if these peopel who make a moutain out of a molehill and exagerates situations, i offered her a number of my backup childminder for a saturday but she said no. she makes me feel bad about everything, last year i only took 8 days holidays which were due to illness and she gave me a load of grief for it too.
    omg u have to stand your ground, wot are parents contracted days? if they are mon-fri then I would state you no longer offer saturdays as you have family ties and keep the wkend for yourself, I used to take hardly any holidays as I thought I have my own at home anyway so wots the difference? soon burnt myself out and dreaded mondays as I had had no time to recharge, I now take 5 weeks a year whether I go away or not.
    Be strong and stand your ground a tired run down, ill childminder is no good to anyone including yourself and your family
    Michelle x:current loss to date - 100lb clapping:

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilsteff View Post

hi and welcome to the forum, take a look around and you will see how we have all toughend up since joining here!!!

thats a lot of hours OMG!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123