Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mystery Funding?? Hope i did right!!

Ok so about 3 months ago had a family come look around who had 3 little ones.... baby, 2yo and 3yo

Heard nothing - they had mentioned about "time for twos" funding.

Any way voicemail sunday night saying about using me for childcare and they have been told by a few people that because of their situation (im not sure what that it) they can get funding and needed to know if i have a registration number. So i called and left a message back saying i am ofsted registered so i have a registration number and that i would need to know when she needs them to start and what days and times etc to see if i had space now....

Mom calls back today and asked for my registration number to apply for the funding. I said i dont give it out unless familis sign up - as advsed by out LA. i said what is the funding for she said she didnt really know - i explained that i am more than happy to help as i do have families who have funding from uni or college or job centre but i am not able to do the 2yr funding or 3yr funding at the moment. Mum said "oh i will be in touch then"

I find it a bit strange!!!! what is this magic funding? Was i right not to give my reg number willy nilly - my fear is people frauding eg tax credits and that... feel a bit miffed!!

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like maybe she just wanted your number for fraud but than I also never give my number out unless visit and know dates etc

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree. I don't think she is coming back. Sounds a bit weird that she was more interested in money than anything you had to offer. Next time only give out EY number when contract is signed.