Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: does everyone claim back for milk

Oh I rang tghe number in the NCMA handbook to request a form around Christmas and they sent me the wrong one - they sent me one for a supplier of milk or fruit for a sure start scheme - don't ask me I'm tired now. Anyway I rang someone the day I joined up here and they put me on to somone else who said they'd send out the forms and I've not received them yet so now that I'm armed with all this information I am going to get straight on to it tomorrow so thanks all.

Sarah you do surprise me - is your love for paperwork fading??? - be careful.

Celine

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i might do that too , does it even its self out . what i mean is are the amounts that you claim for milk roughly the same as the amount you get back ? and do you think its worth doing it ?

Post Thanks / Like

well every penny counts as they say!! paper work is easy when you get the both sides of it and not the 1 side?? ( they sent me thru email just the 1 side so no wonder i couldn't work it out first time around!!! it took less then 2 weeks to go into my account after i sent the forms back.. and yes i got every penny that i claimed back

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for reminding me i have not put a claim in for about 2 years , when you have to claim every 4 months you forget i will have to check when i last claimed...

thanks

veronicaxxx

Apr 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

theres a couple of posts from people reluctant to claim because the income will be taxable.

But its not really because:

you buy 1 pint of milk for childminding for use on Monday. You have 3 mindees present, they get 1/3 each.

You put through the cost of 1 pint as an expense in your books.
    You claim the cost of 1 pint and put through the amount you receive in your books as income.
    So the taxman sees
    (income = cost of 1 pint) less (expenditure = cost of one pint) leaves you with £zero profit to be taxed.

What you gain is that you have provided 1 pint of milk and have not had to pay for it. (okay you did, but you got your money back). And in practice, its likely you will have bought more milk than you can claim for in which case your books would show a loss in respect of milk purchases even with the reimbursements, and a loss will reduce your tax.

If you are still happy to turn away milk reimbursements to keep your tax down, would you also turn away childminding fees? They definitely increase your tax bill lol!

July 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I havent been claiming milk back, thank you for pointing this out to me. I have sent them an email so will see what happens. Thank you

Jun 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks ladies - i wasn't even aware we could claim back on milk!

Is it just for those mindees under 5? I only have the one mindee under 5 but the older ones drink buckets of the stuff....may be cheaper just to buy my own dairy cow!!

Have just this minute called them and woman said to except the forms within 7-10 days!!

Tilly.xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ive been claiming milk back, but have not done it since 2006 they have sent me back dated forms to claim. has anybody got the prices for the milk from 2006-2008

thanks veronicaxxx

Post Thanks / Like

We claim for milk,

well my dada a milkman he sorts it all out.

but me and mum dont pay my dad for the milk like, he just brings it

May 05
    Post Thanks / Like

but surely if you just put milk through as an expense then it reduces your taxable income so you pay less tax, whereas if you claim the milk and end up with a nil amount as someone said earlier, you will pay more tax???

I'm confused (and don't like giving the tax man my money!!!)

Sue x

Post Thanks / Like

dont have a clue that my dad area

havent i see you Eagles4ever on the NVQ froum?

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    If you want their email address is is:

WFRU@mrm.co.uk

Thanks for that Pauline. In the last few days I have received a letter from WFRU asking for me to reapply to bring them up to date etc. I tried to e mail them to ask for a new claim form using the e mail address on the letter and it keeps coming back to me undelivered. The e mail they quote is similar to the one you state but not the same so I have e mailed them again using the one above.
    Christine

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by susi513 View Post
    theres a couple of posts from people reluctant to claim because the income will be taxable.

But its not really because:

you buy 1 pint of milk for childminding for use on Monday. You have 3 mindees present, they get 1/3 each.

You put through the cost of 1 pint as an expense in your books.
    You claim the cost of 1 pint and put through the amount you receive in your books as income.
    So the taxman sees
    (income = cost of 1 pint) less (expenditure = cost of one pint) leaves you with £zero profit to be taxed.

What you gain is that you have provided 1 pint of milk and have not had to pay for it. (okay you did, but you got your money back). And in practice, its likely you will have bought more milk than you can claim for in which case your books would show a loss in respect of milk purchases even with the reimbursements, and a loss will reduce your tax.

If you are still happy to turn away milk reimbursements to keep your tax down, would you also turn away childminding fees? They definitely increase your tax bill lol!
    Don't forget that you are allowed 10% wear and tear on income so you claim for your milk then get reimbursed but you then claim 10% of the reimbursement as wear and tear against tax!
    Christine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123