Schoolies and holidays
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Schoolies and holidays

I have a new schoolie starting in Sept with hours still under discussion. Mum seems to think she will b booking school holiday days ad hoc. I have never done schoolie contracts before so not sure what the norm is????

Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry just bumping this to see if anyone has advice as I need to get back to the mum re contracts xxx

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a school contract, I am not needed during the holidays, but there may be occasions when grandparents are away, that I am needed, so I have to keep those days open. In this case parents pay 1/2 during the holiday as a retainer to keep the space available, should they need it.

If parents DO NOT want to pay the retainer, then that is fair enough, but should I get a holiday contract that uses "their days" then so be it.

Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so parent wants me 7 till 9am then to drop at school and then pick up from school at 3 till 5.30. What do I charge in school holidays?? Do I charge for these hours at half rate?? And what rules do I have for them booking me in half term etc. sorry totally confused

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends of they want you full time in school holidays ? Charge your going daily rate if so

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

When filling out contract state term only or hours needed in holiday their are no special rules

Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they will do but I think they want to book as and when to save money if that makes sense

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't do a as and when personally unless their gonna pay half fee when not in use but that's me

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    Ok so parent wants me 7 till 9am then to drop at school and then pick up from school at 3 till 5.30. What do I charge in school holidays?? Do I charge for these hours at half rate?? And what rules do I have for them booking me in half term etc. sorry totally confused
    My contract is 2 days a week, 3pm-7pm £32 a week. I charge this for term time, then literally half of that for the holidays.

The only big difference I do, is workout the fee and annualise it. So I have 39 weeks at £32 total = £1,248 and 13 weeks at £16 total = £208. £1,456 total for one whole year, divided by 12 which is £121.33. I get that each month, without fail, so I do not have a massive drop during the summer holidays. If I am then needed during the holiday, I just workout what the fee would be, then deducted what has already been paid £8 per day)

Although, I have never actually had the extra money from her before as she is a brilliant hairdresser, so I get her to cut and dye my hair instead LOL We call it "Care for Hair"

10. Likes benandjerrys liked this post
    june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

I had term time kids, one was nursery a d other was after school, I charged normal rate each month and in the holidays she paid half of what she usually paid that week, if she wanted cover in the holidays she would pay the difference for the day.