What would you do if your only CM child goes to Pre-School?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What would you do if your only CM child goes to Pre-School?

The only CM I have is now going to Pre-School leaving me short on money. If you do a drop off and pick up do you generally charge the full day fee?

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge full fee if taking and picking up, I also know some that charge half fee. I have to say I have been a bit flexible on this in the past but if they need the space when preschool is closed thence would definitely charge

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsar3NCH View Post
    I would charge full fee if taking and picking up, I also know some that charge half fee. I have to say I have been a bit flexible on this in the past but if they need the space when preschool is closed thence would definitely charge
    I charge half fee for up to 15hrs any more than that it's full fee. I can't offer funding so see it as a bit of a compromise.

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a big fall out with my parents over this one!

Have had the kids for nearly 4 years and all has ticked along fine. Out of the blue came the decision they were sending them to pre school (needed me though as 1 i'm the only person to deal with that school and 2 they need me to drop/collect and hols). The fact they go wasnt the issue for me it was the way they refused to pay the fees i charge. They called me round and told me what they would pay. Dad had a pay cut (fab job so know it wouldn't have made as bigger dent as he made out) I have recently started a new thread on this as get underpaid quite a bit for what i do.

Anyway! I now get less than half the daily fees BUT keep them on as get ok money for the holidays. Soon they will be starting school full time and i will hopefully keep them on and will only have to drop and collect so need to hold fire at the mo!

So id'e personally charge (depending on hours and days etc) full fee if holding their space for the hols or half if different. I cannot take anyone else on while they are there and this annoys me.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

It's normal practice round here to charge full fee is space is expected to e kept open for days pre school is closed, no one ever qestions it.

May 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding.
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge my daily rate even when I dont drop off and collect.

may 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge full fee if I drop off and collect as I can't fill the space while they are at pre-school. I have a friend who just charges when the child is with her though, and he goes to pre-school 5 days a week from 9 til 3 so she's losing a lot of money! It was a compromise though, and he's term time only as parents are teachers so she's not holding a holiday space for him.

My earnings go to pay the bills though, hers are for extra's and holidays! Lucky thing!

x