Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help please! Writing a letter to parent re: non payment

as advised by MM, i need to write a letter to a parent (i was meant to be paid by them tue 2nd april for a large amount for their 2 children and for half fees holiday pay) any way i was messed about by them long story short given excuse after excuse so i called MM by the friday for advice as this was putting a damper on my holiday. Was advised to write them a formal letter saying to XXX and putting how much is owed and that if not paid in 14 days i will proceed with court proceedings. Any way... i dont know how to word this. Also i am meant to suspend care as per my contract until payment is made.....

i just cant word the letter and i know there was an example on a thread and now i cant find it.

I want to post this letter tonight out the way and out my mind!

thanks to any help!!! and i shall send choccy cake

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

If the parent brings them to you Monday just remind her fees aw owed and you cannot care for her children til she has paid up.
    Tell her she can transfer fees to you account straight away or you can accept cash, then say you will start up your care again,
    Don't take them for the day without some form of payment!

I would try this then wrote the letter! Uo to you ?
    Dear xxx

Could I please remind you that your fees of £xxx for the period of xx to xx are over due.

To allow me to continue to care for your children please settle the amount above straight away and your childcare services will resume.

All contracts are legally binding and failure to make payment will result in late payment fees, court fees and possibly a ccj against you.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leeanne910 View Post
    as advised by MM, i need to write a letter to a parent (i was meant to be paid by them tue 2nd april for a large amount for their 2 children and for half fees holiday pay) any way i was messed about by them long story short given excuse after excuse so i called MM by the friday for advice as this was putting a damper on my holiday. Was advised to write them a formal letter saying to XXX and putting how much is owed and that if not paid in 14 days i will proceed with court proceedings. Any way... i dont know how to word this. Also i am meant to suspend care as per my contract until payment is made.....

i just cant word the letter and i know there was an example on a thread and now i cant find it.

I want to post this letter tonight out the way and out my mind!

thanks to any help!!! and i shall send choccy cake
    Dear xx

I am writing to you as I we have not managed to resolve our payment issues through informal chats. Payment of £ xx was due on 2nd April. At present £xx is still outstanding. I prefer not to have to deal with things so formally but I feel I have been left with little choice.

Please be advised that childcare will be suspended until payment is made in full for the arrears. Please note, I am not giving you notice, you are free to bring your child as normal, as long as payment is made. Under the terms of our contract, payment is due on xxx and is due in full, on that date. In delaying payment you are breaching the terms of our contract.

My insurance company have advised me that if payment is not made within 14 days, I should commence court proceedings. I hope that it does not come to this and that we can continue to have a good working relationship and put this issue behind us.

hope that helps hon.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

4. Likes Toothfairy, blue bear liked this post