Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Big problem with parent!

Got a massive headache over something that has made me feel terrible!

Parent had late fee's incurred from 28th Feb 2013.

Invoiced for late fee's.

Parent refused to pay.

I then decided monthly payment was no longer working and informed parent that payment has to be weekly from now on... was this right?

Parent picked up her children today along with somebody she claimed was a lawyer who should not have even been with her.

Parent refused to look at all proof including her signature, initially agreed it was her signature but then proceeded to say everything was fake, all contracts were not real hence null and void.

Parent then terminated contract with immediate effect (how can you terminate something that is not real?) and then refused to pay me for todays work and also refused to pay 4weeks notice peroid then walked off.

Parent has also written a letter accusing us of acting unlawfully by charging late fee's and is refusing to pay anything. The Parent has highlighted "The Late Payment of Commercial Debt Interest Act 1998" but looking at this she is claiming to be a commercial entity?

I am just very annoyed that this has happend! Other parents have paid late and then accepted the late fee, I thought late fee's were to stop this? But now she is arguing that it is illegal what do I do now?

Great easter break this is

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this.If its stated in your contract that late fees can be applied then she has to pay up. I would call ncma (pacey)for advice.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact your insurance company for advice. Big hugs sounds like you could do with one.

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by step11 View Post
    So sorry to hear this.If its stated in your contract that late fees can be applied then she has to pay up. I would call ncma (pacey)for advice.
    Thanks

Just done that now and also got in touch with my Lado.

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, contact your insurance company ASAP. She sounds a nasty piece of work - late fees aside, how dare she not pay you for today's care!
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Contact your insurance company for advice. Big hugs sounds like you could do with one.
    Thank you

I should have known better seeing she works for the DWP! She has taken legal stuff from work and applied it to my setting, by the looks of it anyway...

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

what a

It's something that we are open to be abused by parents who have no morals.

Depending how much she owe's you, I would probably be inclined to say "Good riddance to bad rubbish".
    It's not worth the headache, but as others say, contact your insurance company to see if they will deal with it on your behalf and don't loose sleep over it.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely contact insurance company, really don't see how she can say that she didn't sign contracts and not her signature - maybe we should take photos or video footage of them signing as proof!

Change all your parents to paying weekly in advance - mine all pay cash, cheque or direct into the bank each week, although Im not very good at on line banking and have to get my husband to check they have all paid.

Hope you get it all sorted out soon, fight her and her so called lawyer (how much is that I wonder for a house call)?

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What a bully and to deny her signature and that she ever signed the contract, thats unbelievable but also says to me she realises the contract is valid why deny it otherwise.

Sending as I know I would be in bits if that happened to me.

Hopefully, as others have said Insurance Company can help especially if she is spouting legal stuff that doesn't really apply.

Let us know what happens I really feel for you it sounds awful.

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone with any legal knowledge at all browse this please, my mind has gone blank lol

Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It appears she is claiming to be a business? so parents are now a company? im frazzled lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sue1980 View Post
    Can anyone with any legal knowledge at all browse this please, my mind has gone blank lol

Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It appears she is claiming to be a business? so parents are now a company? im frazzled lol
    This gives businesses the right to charge interest on overdue accounts.

So if you are a carpet supplier and you put carpets in the local council offices and your terms are 30 days payment and they don't pay - you can charge interest until they do pay.

It's got nothing to do with childminders the parent is just trying to bully you.

I hope your insurance company supports you. Hugs xx

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    This gives businesses the right to charge interest on overdue accounts.

So if you are a carpet supplier and you put carpets in the local council offices and your terms are 30 days payment and they don't pay - you can charge interest until they do pay.

It's got nothing to do with childminders the parent is just trying to bully you.

I hope your insurance company supports you. Hugs xx
    Thank you has really cleared that one up!

NCMA (PACEY) has guided me and I have sent her a letter along with another invoice. I know she will not pay this. The comments she dished out earlier has made that painfully clear! She does not care one bit. It gauls me how it appears she is abiding by a nurserys rules but flaunting ours.

Thank you guys, this forum is brilliant and thank you for reading my thread
    I will fill everyone in soon enougth, 7 days time.

13. Likes Hatchlings liked this post
    Apr-08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't worry about what she says, she's spouting hot air and she knows she's in the wrong, hence the late payments act blah blah she threw at you, which has nothing to do with you. I would chase her for every penny cheeky woman! Good luck and don't worry, you're well within your rights.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

What a madam, I would of given her an ear full if she said that to me, who dose she think she is, id completely ignore her childish threts, and continue to chase her for the money your a business as good as any other, and all businesses need paying for their services

Good luck, dont let her bully you xx

mar 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck getting it sorted. Some parents are amazing and think we work for free !!
    How dare she not pay you for care you have already delivered ? That's the worst thing I think. on your behalf.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you had any further contact? How are you getting on?

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When I worked for a company we used to send out a statement, then a first overdue letter (polite), 2nd overdue (stronger - threatening legal action) then a "grey" letter which was a standard letter form that we had professionally printed on grey paper it didn't have any of the company details on it - we filled all that in with the details of the money the customers owed - it gave them 7 days to pay in full or they would be taken to court - the letter looked as though it came from a third party not our company. Once had a customer drive up from Cornwall to Somerset with a cheque and arrived a minute to mid-day (deadline for payment) - cheque bounced anyway but that it another story!

Don't delay use the strongest threat you can now, issue a deadline and if necessary take her to small claims court if insurance company aren't helping. Hope you win!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take this all the way, she thinks she can get away with it, but dont let her. Its easy to do a claim at the small claims court and if she doesnt pay up before then, I am sure she will stop her getting a CCJ and she will have to pay the costs too

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good dec11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thinking of you!!

did you get this sorted. I once had a parent phone me up a day after Id had their boy accusing me of all sorts, i was so upset, they refused to pay up, I didnt want the hassle of going to court as all they owed was that days, and 4 weeks notice as i get paid in advance, but to have this happen was awful, i cannot imagine what your going through and i hope this is all ended in your favour! i sent them a formal text explaining they had singned a contract and legally owed me the money, i asked then to pay me for the day immediately and i would forget about the notice period, i was paid for the day and since seen this child with another childminder who gives me the most awful looks, i feel the parents have "slagged" me off, i feeel as though i should tell her what happened. I lost so much sleep over this and seems like nothing compared to what those parents are doing to you!

parents go to work to earn money, yet they cannot work if they didnt have a childminder - but we are the bottom of priorities when paying ! why!!

good luck!

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

However if u decide to chase the debt you can charge interest at the county court rate 8% on the balance due!

Sorry you've had to deal with this x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast