Thread: Fees

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees

hiya everyone

I was going to charge fee for full days and half days instead of per hour. Does a anyone else do this
    And I'm not sure how much to charge as I'm new starting out any help would be very much appreciated
    Last edited by rachelmama; 07-03-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Most in my area do this and those that don't have a minimum number of hours they will work. Going rates here are £30 full day, £25 short day (7 hours), £18 / £20 half day. I'm in the East Midlands.

Post Thanks / Like

Im in london, charge £175 per week, dont do part time, parents all pay full per month n use what days they want, there are two of us so have to have the money coming in to pay us!!! So just do what you feel will suit you and your buisness best.

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to do this but first parent I had come around said I wasn't flexible enough so went elsewhere. I then decided to charge by the hour when the next few people asked but they then had other demands I could not meet such as wanting me to pick up and drop off their children at their house and not wanting me to have my holidays. I have been registered a few weeks and I don't have anyone signed yet but I am glad I did not agree to what these parents wanted as it did not suit me and I would have regretted it later. So I guess you need to decide what works best for you and see who comes along. Hope you get someone soon.

5. Likes Tealady liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge by the hour but have a minimum charge of £20 per day for pre-school, but 10 hours or more a day get a slight reduction! But I look at each case individually depending on hours/days needed!

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for replying

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to charge a session rate but found that it didn't work very well for me. I had different children all doing different hours and I started to resent the ones that were with me for longer hours because I wasn't charging them more, even though it was more work. I also had a shift worker and session rates really didn't work for her. I have now moved to an hourly rate and find it works better for me.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have charged a session rate to get started because I needed to fill my spaces with a meaningful number of hours IYSWIM, and didn't want to be doing two hours at random in the middle of the day.

I am now considering changing to hourly for the vacancy I have coming up in September for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I have found myself doing 'extra' hours for no extra money, as the day rate is for ten hours and parents who need less will use it anyway. Secondly, because my day rate is less than the equivalent hourly rate by about £150 a month and because I'm not desperate to fill the space anymore, I'm reasoning that I could either earn that extra for the same hours or work less hours for the same money.

I might eat my words when I can't fill the space
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I quote an hourly rate but have a minimum daily fee.