I had a parent come to see me last weekend. She had previously seen me before and wanted variable days each week which I said I couldnt do. This time though she had had another meeting at work and they were supposed to be agreeing to her doing a set day. Her union rep advised her this would be the case so she signed a contract and was supposed to be starting on Thurs (yesterday) doing 1 day a week. As it was less than a week away I didnt take a deposit but it stated on the contract that the full months fees for March would be payable on her start day which mum agreed.
On Tues I had a text from her saying she was having to quit her job as work had refused to back down after all and were insisting she did set hours (far longer than I open) but different days so she could no longer take the place. I dont think she 'gets' that what she signed is actually a legally binding document and that she should technically pay me the fees due. I dont want to cause her anymore upset but at the same time I sat and printed out everything for her child's profile on Sat after contracts were signed and it took me over an hour not to mention all the paper, cost of folder, wallets etc and ink. Shall I just let it go or do you think I should ask for something like a days fees to cover my time and expenses? Or am I just being petty?!