Overnight fees.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Overnight fees.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Overnight fees.

Hi everyone. Just wondered how much you would all charge for a overnight stay for an 11 year old due to parents shift work? Any advice would be great. Thanks, x

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done a few overnights and always find it so hard to decide on the charges. In the past, I have done it for £40-£50 per night, depending on the number of hours and the age of the child. As it is an 11 year old, you won't have to supervise bath time, teeth brushing or wake up in the night so it could be quite a nice little earner. Hopefully the child isn't used to staying up very late!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I offered £30 for 12 hour period plus after school club and breakfast club and mums now terminated all childminding services as she just can't afford it which is fine but why are people surprised when they actually have to pay for time? x

4. Likes lindyjeho liked this post
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 3 year old coming once a month overnight and I charge £50 from 7pm to 8am. Works out slightly more than my normal hourly rate but I didn't really mind if she didn't want to use me she said yes anyway and because I'm getting a decent amount then I don't mind doing it.
    If it was for one of my regular mindees, or an older child then i might do it a bit cheaper.
    X

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Carlyle View Post
    Thanks. I offered £30 for 12 hour period plus after school club and breakfast club and mums now terminated all childminding services as she just can't afford it which is fine but why are people surprised when they actually have to pay for time? x
    Well isn't that just typical - I get fed up of parents moaning about having to pay for other people to take on their responsibilities i.e looking after their kids, Your rate is extremely reasonable I charge £51.00 6pm - 8am which equates to time and a half of my daily rate, still below the minimum wage and all resources, consumables are included- sorry on the verge of a rant here..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. It's just nice to know that I'm not alone in thinking the way I do.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Carlyle View Post
    Easy....because they don't think that they need to pay if LO is asleep!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by migimoo View Post

Easy....because they don't think that they need to pay if LO is asleep!
    To true. I have had people come round to visit and say that they only need me to look after little one until 1pm etc and they will pick up as they don't see the point in paying for me to look after them while they are sleeping. To which I reply that's your choice but if I didn't need to look after them while they are sleeping I may as well leave them sleeping upstairs while I nip out and get my shopping and banking done and pray they don't wake up! A few have looked at me and said "oh you can't do that-you need to be here for them". My reply "of course I do but some people seem to think otherwise. Just because they are sleeping doesn't mean I'm not working. All the paperwork, prep for tea, cleaning, checking on sleeping babies etc all gets done in that time". Of course they laugh and say they never actually thought if it like that. I have also had parents say under no circumstances does little need to sleep this afternoon! Why I say? Their responses have been they don't need it. Besides it will be nice for them to have some one to one time with you while your little girl is sleeping!!!! I assure them that all my children have moments of one to one time throughout the day and that if they wished for me to spend one to one time with their children all day then they need a nanny and not a childminder. They don't like it when I have an answer for them but they do see my point. x

10. Likes mrsdoubtfire, lindyjeho liked this post
    Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    due anytime
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicola... I agree! It makes me think sometimes whether they really understand what it takes to look after someone else's child! Responsibility, time, patience and keeping up with all the paperwork ......That does not come cheap !