Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Half term care only. Please help!!!! TY

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has any mindees for half term holidays only??

I have been asked if I can provide care for a 'raising 4' for half term holidays only.

Wanted to know if anyone else provides care like this, how you word this in the contract, do you charge for all the holidays even if they tell you from the start they only need 4 weeks in the summer out of the 6? etc.

Im new to CM o all this is unclear to me at the minute.

Any advice or info would be appreciated

Thanks Jenny

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had the space I would do this as what I term Ad-hoc care. They book AND PAY one month in advance and that reserves those days required. My ad-hoc rate is 50p per hour more than my day rate.

I would not commit to this more that 1 month in advance in case I got a full time enquiry.

3. Likes christine e liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

you can give parents a choice:

ad -hoc care and they take a risk you are available but you will require booking and payment a month in advance of the holiday needed (no refunds).

all holidays and they are guaranteed a space -can give notice to end contract with 4 weeks but unless they don't need you any more they will need to pay for each holiday.

all holidays to be used or not used but they pay 1/2 fee retainer for all holidays topping up to full if they use the holidays NOT they can use half a week and pay half a week (unless that suits you )
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had children in holidays only. I filled in the contract with 'ad hoc hours to be arranged' full fee charged if cancelled less than 2 weeks before the date. I charge my normal hourly rate.
    This way I'm not tied into specific days during holiday when we might go away

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I book children in in the holidays, never a problem, they just book the days and pay in advance - a merry little gang I usually have and they find it fun (not me its exhausting!!!!lol).....