Hi everyone,

I know this isn't fee related, but couldn't see where to post!

I was wondering if any of you state a minimum number of hours you would take a child for? I have had an enquiry for 3 mornings, possibly 4, but each only for 3 hours. She wants 10-1, 9-12, 9-12.30. For me this will impact on what I can do with the other children, it is unlikely that I will be able to take the other children out for the day etc. The only day we would be able to have days out is on a monday, but then children who dont attend on a monday will miss out. Not sure what to do, if I say to her that I only take children for a minimum of 5 hours (e.g 9-2, coincides with school hours) as this will allow me to continue to do the things i already do with the children and that I advertise to the parents as doing, picnics, zoo, soft play, beach etc etc.

and also i suppose in my mind i am thinking if she has only 9 hours but over 3 days then it will affect potentially being able to take on a child who needs full days.

It is so hard as a new childminder to balance the hours i want to provide and needing to earn money! lol. maybe the longer *****mind for the more confident I will get at saying no!

Advice and help much appreciated

xx