Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Late Fees

Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice....

Recently, two sets of parents have been late picking their children up. I invoice a month in advance and normally do the invoices a week before they are due. (Most parents pay by regular monthly payments) Just happens that I now have to charge late fees. How do people do this? Do you invoice them separately or do you put it on the invoice so eg Feb invoice with Jan's late fees? when my LO was at nursery they wouldnt even give us a running invoice but a slip of paper if there were extra fees to be paid and this had to be done in cash!?

Also, I use *****'s but before using that I still couldnt find a computer generated system that would work out if a child had gone over their weekly hours so I didnt need to sit and go through to work out what people's late fees were. Most evenings after school I could have up to 9 children. So looking to streamline the process without making mistakes as I'm noticing I keep forgetting to out extra hours on when due.

Just interested in how everyone does theirs?

may 12
    Post Thanks / Like

i invoice fees in advance, but any additional days, charges and meals are in arrears. so for example i would add to febs invoice anything extra outstanding from january.

xx

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I invoice one month in advance. I charge a late fee of £5 per 15 minutes if parents late.(Ive never had to use it!)If I have los extra days I add it to the following months invoice. hth xx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge in advance for anything I'm aware of - hourly fees, meals, planned extra days/hours. Then anything that comes up during that month gets added to the following invoice (including a refund such as if child did not attend therefore did not have a meal or if I was unable yo mind).

I just do a simple table in a word document for each child which I try to remember to update whenever there is a change so that when I'm ready to send the invoice I just copy & paste the table into an e-mail. This is seperate from my accounting forms which are in excel - I cross reference the 2 before sending the invoice & in this way have caught some errors (where I'd have undercharged)in the past!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baby_blue View Post
    i invoice fees in advance, but any additional days, charges and meals are in arrears. so for example i would add to febs invoice anything extra outstanding from january.

xx
    I do the same!