help!!!!!!!!!!! reasonable fees??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help!!!!!!!!!!! reasonable fees??

i'm in the process of registering as a childminder and trying to sort out my fees.

I want to include all meals in my costs so it doesn't get confusing. Is it easier just to have a fixed hourly rate, the same for everyone no matter how many hours they do?? Does anyone have a discounted fee like a nursery does when a child is there for 9 hours. for example i was thinking of charging £5 an hour but then if a child does 9 hours in a day it is charged at £32 and if they did a half day (up to 5 hours) they would be charged £20.

Do you think this would be too confusing for parents? should i just stick to an hourly rate? Im thinking £5 is a little high but then i include 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks. wud £4.50 be more of a realistic price as i need to make sure cost of food, snacks n drinks are covered.

i hope this makes sense, i getting myself sooo confused lol

HELP!!!!!

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

you need to see what others local to yourself charge,and what the local nurseries charge as it does vary from area to area.i personaly charge by the hour

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I personally charge £4.50 and include all meals but you should check other local childminders. The best way to do this could be to log into childcare.co.uk, put in your postcode and search for childminders. Most give their fees.
    I also just charge £4.50 per hour regardless of hours as it is simpler.

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I also charge £4.50 per hour and provide all meals. I registered at the beginning of the year some of the childminders in my area charge £5 but as I was the new one thought I'd charge slightly lower and I'm choker block full. With 2 babies on my waiting list for later in the year so it's going well. One of my £5 cm friends is struggling to find children at the moment. I also charge for a minimum of 6 hours per day unless they want before or after school care which is set at a flat rate £5 before school and £10 after.

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge an hourly rate regrdless of how long in the day the child is with me Then charge meals on top. However one parent did negotiate for this to include meals & nappies which I agreed to as he is with me 11hrs, 1 day /week - I checked rates with the local nurseries as they wanted to go with me but alsohad a nursery place available for them.

sept 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I also charge by the hour with meals included. I have always set a price higher than i wanted to allow for negotiation. Each case is different and needs to be looked at seperately as the needs of each family can be so different.

7. Likes vickie-marieo liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazysally View Post
    I also charge by the hour with meals included. I have always set a price higher than i wanted to allow for negotiation. Each case is different and needs to be looked at seperately as the needs of each family can be so different.
    Yes good point, I have done the same. Telling people who ask for a reduction that I could reduce slightly. It's still an acceptable rate, but if people think they are getting a bargain, they are more likely to agree!

9. Likes crazysally liked this post
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £3.50 ph for full days with a min charge of £30 per day. Before school £4 ph min fee £5, after school £4 ph min fee £8.