I have been registered over a year but have only just found first child.

As I have had no mindees I have taken on 2 flexible part-time jobs within the last year.

This first child is a 'friend' of mine although she isn't a good friend (at all) we just worked together briefly and we live close by but she's not spoken to me for 18 months until recently so we are not close at all and I use friend in the loosest term.

Anyway she wants her child picking up form the local school at 3pm and to have her until 5.30pm except one evening until 8pm. (I didn't know about the 8pm one until I had agreed).

I have to work one evening until 9pm it does tend to be flexible but this week I have to work thurs evening.

This lady is starting new job today. I ahve to pick child up at 3pm and have her at the lesiure centre and on the poolside for 4.30pm. I know leisure centre is out of my way but as I have waited for a mindee so long I thought it was worth it to go out my way that one evening. So I invoiced her the hours she TOLD me 3pm-5.30pm 3 days a week , swimming day just 3pm-4.30pm (my fuel costs to the leisure centre cancel out payment!) and one evening of 3pm-8pm.

So first issue is I double checked her Mum will be meeting me at 4.30pm at leisure centre as my son finishes his own school club 8 miles in the opposite direction at 4.45pm. "No" she says "My mum will be with you to collect daughter at approx 4.45pm after she's finished work" so I have to pull MY son out of his club and drag him to leisure centre and make him wait outside while I get her daughter changed etc for swimming. Naffed off number 1. Then I check she will be back to collect other days at 5.30pm. "No just after as I finish at 5.30pm but I am only down the road" She also cannot tell me what day she finishes at 8pm as it changes week on week. I have turned down over time in my day job at £7 per hour (xmas job) to have this child. My hours at that xmas are ad hoc so I can turn it down but it pains me as it is twice as much pay.

To top it off she has TOLD me to be in at 2.45pm today so she can drop swimming kit off for her daughter. So I am waiting in. Then she is paying me FOR THIS WEEK ONLY tomorrow. £43.25 I am earning this week from it.

It is my first child so I am grateful for the busines but I can see her having a lot of unpaid time with me and being put on as this woman has put on me before but not with her child with something else.

I am trying to be accomodating but I am constantly being told I am a push over.

I have no idea about contracts/retainers/deposits etc as it is so long since I did my training and this was dropped on me 3 days ago.

She also wants a cooked (organic) meal for her daughter every day. I do have 2 of my own kids too to fit in around her demands. I am charging £1 per meal.

Tips?!