Continue meeting other parents until contract signed?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Continue meeting other parents until contract signed?

Hi,

I am just after a bit of advice. I have been trying to fill a vacancy for several months now with absolutely no enquiries at all until last week. A lovely couple came to visit this week and are now emailing me saying they want the space (to start in February) but are waiting for confirmation of shifts until they know the exact hours they want.

Rather predictably, today I have had another lady ask if I have spaces and could she come and meet me...

Do you continue viewings with other parents until you actually have a signed contract / deposit. If so, are you totally honest with both sets of parents about this? I like the couple that want the space but have been messed around in the past with people disappearing after they said they wanted the space!

Thanks!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I do tell parents if others are interested in the place. When a parent visits I say at the end of the meeting, if I havent heard from you in a week I will assume you dont wish to use me. (That way you avoid the awkward phonecalls if they dont want you)

I always take phone numbers so I can ring parents back if theyve asked for a space xx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if that were me. I'd stall new enquiry - make appointment for next week, call first lady and say, someone else is interested but I want to give you first refusal. If she doesn't commit, see the new lady.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would see the couple and see what they want and when. It they are wanting to sign a contract and want to start now or sooner than the other couple I would ring the other couple and tell them and give them the option of coming to sign and pay a deposit if they want the place but give them a quick deadline. If you have had a vacancy for some months you want to fill it.

5. Likes jane5 liked this post