Lou xx

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Changing my Fees/hours Advice Please

oh tricky!!

I put my prices up in 2006, but as I live on an RAF camp when people left and new ones started I put the new peoples price up straight away

So for example in April 2006 I had I full time on £3 per hour, then Newbie start and her price at £3.50.

Now they've gone in October when I started my newest 2 my prices are £3.60

I am in the lower end at this childminder in my area charge up to £4.50 per hour but wonder why they are screaming out for mindies duh!

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That ok though Emma.

If you decide to sign a new contract at a new price then thats no problem. Regardless of what your current mindee was being charged at because you will have a review date to implement your increase on the existing contract. Its what the parent agrres to at the time the contract is signed. It doesnt matter if you have an existing contract which is at a lower hourly rate - you can put it up when the review is due and any other contracts are non of the new parents/mindees business.

Am I rambling? lol

x

Post Thanks / Like

Okay - thanks Bannana...I had no idea! I just did a contract review in November for one of my clients. Poo!!!

Thanks for the info.

Sx

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries.

Just wouldnt want you getting caught in a contract dispute if a parent was to pick up on it at any point.

xx

Post Thanks / Like

No worries bannana - sorry if I came accross as snappy, Im just gutted about it because I just wish I had known before.

Not sure what to do about existing contracts now at all, because there is no way I can carry on with the rates Im charging without cutting back on services and business expenditure, which I dont want to do.

Sorry...this is turning into a poor me thread!!

Sx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schnakes View Post
    No worries bannana - sorry if I came accross as snappy, Im just gutted about it because I just wish I had known before.

Not sure what to do about existing contracts now at all, because there is no way I can carry on with the rates Im charging without cutting back on services and business expenditure, which I dont want to do.

Sorry...this is turning into a poor me thread!!

Sx
    no ask away it good to find out this kind of thing, I had no idea you could only change on contract review (I'm just soft so do it like said as cheats way out!!)

If you don't ask you don't know - someone else may be wondering the same thing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have changed my rate to the same fee for everyone between the hours of 8am and 6pm, I gave them all more than a months notice in writing and have updated my portfolio and my policies etc at the same time.

xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Post Thanks / Like

Did you do that as part of your contracted review Susan?

Just curious...

Sx

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just realised Schnakes, you are quite close to me! I am in Lower Earley.

You are right, Childminders round here are charging £4.00 more or less as an average and the nurserys are £50 a day!!

Im charging £3.50 an hour with meals as extra but I am newly registered and was worried nobody would want me lol

Love

Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious...

Sx

no just decided it was less confusing all round to charge one rate and its in line with other minders in area. Gave parents more than a months notice of the changes and no one has complained, there was only 2 parents on lower rate anyway and one of them had just re done contract as shed changd her hours at work, the other one will not be charged new rate till april but i can live with that as had only just done contracts with her....

xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious...

Sx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking about this subject too as I was under the same impression as Schnakes that as long as parents are given notice I could change rates each april.

Is it possible to write somewhere on NCMA contract that fees are reviewable each April? I don't like the idea of staggering a rate crease ti fit in with contract dates, I would prefer to charge everyone the same

Sarah

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to put the review date as the next date i will increase my fees so for me will be January 09 now or sooner should parents require shorter review date. Then there is no escape ... hahaha
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Post Thanks / Like

Berkschick - Lower Earley...I only know one minder over that way...are there many of you over there? You cant move for childminders where I am!! Tsk!!

Sara and Schnakes...it makes absolutely no sense to me to stagger the fees according to review dates.
    I was talking about this with Mr S who, as a manager, deals with recruiting people. (I know its not quite the same, but hey!) He was saying that as it is clearly stated on my contracts that the fee review will be implemented April 1st he doesnt see how it can be breach of contract, as thats what the parents have signed up to. From his own company, they do a yearly increase of a minimum of 2.5%. Contracts are not re-issued everytime his employees get a payrise.

Banana - not having a go at you here....just at life in general!

Sx

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you decide that you will put your fees up on each yr at a certain time, ie jan or april then just write that date as the contract review.

solves the problem in the future.

you dont have to review contracts at differnet times, for example next time you take someone on just explain that you will sit and review contract In Jan next yr, if they want to review it before then thats fine, but explain you will review it again in Jan.

I know its frustrating but i cant help thinking you are thinking its more comlplicated than it is.
    Lou xx

Post Thanks / Like

"I know its frustrating but i cant help thinking you are thinking its more comlplicated than it is."

Lou - thats what Mr S is ALWAYS telling me!! It doesnt matter if its doing paperwork or taking a jar out of the cupboard! Heh!

Yeah - for new contracts I will definately always use the same review date, Im just sulking about my existing customers!!
    Another question (sorry!!) - I usually use the same contract sheet for reviews and note any changes in the additional comments box. Is this right, or should I be filling in a whole new form if there needs to be alterations?

Sx

Post Thanks / Like

If nothing changes i just leave it, if something major changes like price i write out a new one.

If the hours change, then i just note that down.

Everyone does things differently though x
    Lou xx

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, thanks...lots to mull over tonight!

Sx

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bringing this up, as I have just started I had decided that each January I would put up my fees anyway. Luckily both contracts have only just started so it all fits in. Its made me realise that any other contracts I sign between now and December should have the review date of 1/1/9 on them.

Schnakes, there are a fair few childminders round here but they all seem busy so hopefully thats good news for me!

Love

Debbie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast