Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: to much?????

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default to much?????

i have had a lady come to see me about before and after school care, all she wants is for her daughter to be picked up from her home which is half way between my house and the school so not a problem, dropped at the school gate ( she is 8 ) and the same after school, collected from the school gate and dropped home, the school is about a 15-20 min walk and she is the only schoolie i will be going out for.

i told mum i charge a minimum of £10 a day, and she seemed ok with that and wants to come back with dad to sign contracts so all good...........

but im now having a guilt attack and am thinking im being greedy (£50 a week to walk to school and back) it wont even be me doing it it will be my assistant.......do you think im being unfair?? x

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a 5yr old adhoc mindee and when needed i collect him from home (ten min max) and walk him to school (going anyway with ds) and i charge them 10 poun am or pm session and mum is happy with it xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    I charge a minimum of £5 for before or after school, so would be charging the same for that arrangement .

Not sure about having my assistant do the school run though as I'd never actually see the child myself. I'm not saying its wrong, just feels a bit strange I suppose.....

I say stick to your charges

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou.....i dont know why i started feeling like that

the reason my assistant will be doing it is because she is going through the process of becoming a childminder herself ( she is my daughter) so once she is regiestered the little girl will become her mindee, all of this was explained to mum and she is more than happy with everything

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking about assistant you wouldnt pay all £50 to them would you?? I taught you pay her hourly rate not per child... Doest this sound okish or greedy or selfish.....
    Jas Bedi

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a nice contract I think

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if that is your min. rate then no I think it's fine. last year I had a child I met at the top of the alley by his school and walked down - had him for 10 mins. It's just not worth the paperwork for less than an hours fee so I charged £5.

THis year I have 2 brothers who arrive as we leave for school and I drop them to school. I do offer a discount as they are ex full time mindees but I charge £8/hour for doing this.

your min. fee is your min. fee and if parents aren't happy they will look elsewhere so I'd say nice contract. If I could be full with these contracts at £200/month I wouldnt need to have any childrne in the daytime - it would be great
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

I think particuarly if you (or your assistant) are going out just for this child that £10 per day is more than fair! Just wondering if there is someone home with the child a both ends of the day? and if so why then need someone to pick her up and drop her back?? Sorry just wouldn't like to think that an 8 year old was at home on her own!!

9. Likes cabby liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

there is someone there parents have a family member living with them, but hasnt been very reliable getting lo to or from school on time so mum just wants someone for that reason x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cabby View Post
    there is someone there parents have a family member living with them, but hasnt been very reliable getting lo to or from school on time so mum just wants someone for that reason x
    Sorry just me panicking !!!! If they need someone reliable I am sure they would be willing to pay and as I said I don't think £10 a day is excessive!!!

Hope it works out for you!!!