Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fee INcrease

Registered Childminder since
    feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fee INcrease

I have just let a parent know that I am planning to increase my fees by 50p as of November. It will be the first time I have increased her fees since she started 2 years ago. This actually brings her in line with the parents who started last year and earlier this month.

She has now told me that she can not afford to send her to me if I put up the fee but all my costs have gone up and I cant really afford no to do it. She has said she is going to puther in nursery - (which per day is actually going to be more but hey ho, not sure of the logic there except its nearer to her workplace)

I need to write to her and work out whether she is going to move her to the nursery sooner rather than later but trying to work out how to word it, as I have cared for her LO for 2 years and dont want to be too harsh but I dont want her to walk all over me either.

Im really cross that shes decided to suddenly move her as after asking want her plans were, she told me a few weeks ago that she was planning in her being here until she was about 3 and a half as she was really happy with me etc.

Just need a little help as to how to word it....sounds pathetic really but as I was angry with ther I first wrote it and it sounded awful.

Thank You all. x

Dec 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you really have to write to her? If you have advised her that you are increasing your prices and she wants to leave the setting the isn't it up to her to write and inform you, giving your required notice period (mine is 1 month) as your contract states?? I would just keep it vocal and chat to her about how it will be upsetting to lose the little one but you understand as we are all under pressure to the moment to make our money go as far as can, and you hope the disruption isn't too much for the little one etc etc... She may be just trying it on to get you to reverse your charge increase. If she hasn't given you written notice I would continue as normal. T
    God Bless xx T

feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tina O View Post
    Do you really have to write to her? If you have advised her that you are increasing your prices and she wants to leave the setting the isn't it up to her to write and inform you, giving your required notice period (mine is 1 month) as your contract states?? I would just keep it vocal and chat to her about how it will be upsetting to lose the little one but you understand as we are all under pressure to the moment to make our money go as far as can, and you hope the disruption isn't too much for the little one etc etc... She may be just trying it on to get you to reverse your charge increase. If she hasn't given you written notice I would continue as normal. T
    Thank You,

I thought she might have been trying it on as she dropped it into the conversation as she was leaving today and it kind of threw me off guard.
    I also have a months notice request and I hope she would give that.
    I just thought if I wrote to her it might make it more professional. I will see how she is tomorrow and then maybe just remind her off the contract and the notice period. Thank You again. Feeling better now I have got it off my chest.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Can i just ask, have you increased your fees by 50p an hour?