Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 201
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing fees-how to go about it

Hi,
    I signed a contract for 2 siblings to start in September back in May. At the time I didn't have alot of work and I offered a reduced daily rate as I wanted to compete with the local holiday playscheme. I have since realised I will quickly go bankrupt and have non-regulars who are willing to pay more in the hols. How do I go about changing the daily rate. I stupidly set the contract review at 12 months. Any help please?

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The parents would have signed the contract under the qoute you had given them for their fees, I dont think they would be too happy if you now turned round and said that the fees were higher then they expected especially with two from the same family, i would keep it like that until you renew you contracts then up your fees from there, any new customers just charge them the new fees structure
    Jo Jo

Dec 201
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jojo.
    I probably should also have mentioned it is a term time only contract. I agreed to work holidays as and when I want and when they need me. There is no obligation on either side. If they want to do something else in the hols they can do. I also wasn't thinking of making the increase until after Xmas so it gave them plenty of time to adjust. Hopefully this makes it sound a little more reasonable. I will lose £35 a day. My fault I know but I could always take on two different children (non-siblings) at the higher rate.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i would tell all parents/put a letter in with invoices saying that in january you will be increasing your fees by x amount an hour/day/week ( whichever you do ). state that you are giving 3 months notice of the fee increase and that if anyone has any concerns/queries, to please discuss it with you.

if they are unhappy, hopefully they will tell you.

maybe you could say that you actually plan to put up the fees to a higher amount, but as they are an existing family, they get a discount

good luck x

Post Thanks / Like

If they are only just starting with you then I wouldn't put the fees up before January.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

you can do new year fee increase or april fee increase but you can't offer something, make them sign and then say actually it's dearer now. i don't think it's really fair

it's like picking a chocolate bar in tesco walking around and by the time you arrive at the till they put the prices up....i suspect them to do that at time LOL