Parent claiming tax credits against my reg no
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent claiming tax credits against my reg no

Can tax credits tell who is claiming against my number if I were to ring them? Had a parent end the contract with me who was claiming tax credits for childcare and I know she won't have called them to update changes. Another parent also signed contracts but has now deferred the start date until further notice. It just pees me off that these people will be claiming childcare costs when they are not paying for it!

BuggsieMoo Guest

No, due to data protection they will not be able to tell you.

However you can write to them saying parent X left on X date and you have not provided childcare since. And that parent B has deffered the start date until X and therefore is not incuring/is paying reduced childcare costs until X date on your registration number which is X and address which is X

HTH

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Re the parent who has left you I always confirm their notice in writing and point out to them that it is their responsibility to inform Tax Credits that their childcare has changed.

Re the one who has signed a contract and deferred care. This is why I always take a four week fees deposit when parents sign a contract. It means in your circumstances you would have 4 weeks fees in hand if they don't use you but in my experience it actually would have meant she would never have signed the contract and messed you about.

The one who has deferred until further notice. I would write to her and say you are accepting her deferral as notice and as the full contract and work has never begun you consider the contract void and are no longer able to offer her care as she has changed what she wants. Wish her luck and walk away.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You can actually ring tax credits fraud line directly and inform them. I have done this several times and theres never been any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lorettacritchet View Post
    You can actually ring tax credits fraud line directly and inform them. I have done this several times and theres never been any problems.
    I would do this too.

I also ask parents who are leaving to sign a form saying the last day of childcare and that they understand it is their responsibility to inform tax credits - at least if there is any query later they can't say they didn't know!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

feb 98
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a LIKE button on the forum? sometimes my answer would be just what others have put but am not sure how to do that? Anyway I agree with Miffy

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They cant tell you whos claiming on your number but you can tell them who should/shouldnt be