Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Term time only query - bit confused

I have a parent who wants TTO. I pick up her daughter after school Mon-Fri.3:30pm-6:00pm. She does not want care during the holidays so how do i charge for this? During the summer holidays I plan to take half of a full time weekly fee for each week as a retainer. (I can't afford no pay during holidays).

Is the retainer to be half of current afterschool weekly fee or should it be half of what a full time weekly fee would cost?

Please put me straight?

Thanks

BucksCM Guest

I would say that the retainer you would ask from this one would be 1/2 of the weekly fees on the TTO contract as you are not contracted to look after the child during holidays therefore cannot chafge half a holidays day fee.

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I don't charge a retainer in the hols for my tto as I have a child come in from another school to take the place, is it something that you could do?
    Cath

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't charge a retainer for TTO as I'm more than happy not to work during the holidays as it gives me time with my own son, I also have a child who only comes in the holidays (one day a week) so that gives me something extra money wise

Sep 11
    Post Thanks / Like

just work out a days fee and a weeks fee and ensure parent is aware then times your week fee by 39 and divide by 12 as you will always get paid!

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    I would offer term time only at a higher rate.
    or
    charge a 'holding fee' for each school hol period to keep the space open for the following term. I'd probably charge this at 50% of normal rate and for hours used in term time. Couldn't personally justify charging full days when they don't want them at all. Its possible you could find a mindee to use the holiday space created

good luck
    wendy

Oct 02
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have quite a few term time only children and charge half of the weekly fee for school holidays. My parents are all ok with this. I have never had anyone want only school holidays so at least getting half pay helps me.

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TTO Query - bit confused

Thanks to you all for answering my query. Yes, It's clearer now on what to charge at 50%. I will let her know that I will change to 50% percent of normal weekly fees. I'm sure she'll be happy with that. Better get on to her shortly before next weekly fee due for this TTO contract.

Your help greatly appreciated