Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent delaying payment....

Hi everyone
    I had twin girls start with me last Thursday before and after school.
    Mom wants to pay every Friday weekly in advance so last Friday she should've paid me for 7 days however she didn't.
    She said she was going to set up a standing order the weekend but it would take a few days to get to me as she did it the weekend blah blah blah.
    I've worked in a bank for 10 years so I know the money would've been paid to me on the Monday being the next working day. I have asked her everyday this week and she is saying she has spoken to the bank and they said I should have my money the same day but I haven't.

She told me that her last childminder terminated contracts last week as mom said she had paid her via bank transfer however the payment had gone "missing" and the cm never received her money.

I have tonight asked her to cancel the SO and pay me cash tomorrow morning for this week. I have a strong feeling she is blagging me.

My question is, in the NCMA contracts, I have stated that I can terminate contracts if payment is 14 days late, however the contract also states that I can terminate if parent doesn't apply with the contract and policies. Could I use one of those reasons to terminate instead of waiting for 14 days?

Would you sit it out and keep chasing? Any advice is welcome xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to ring NCMA tomorrow and check your legal position.

Hope it is sorted quickly for you xx

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

This is another reason why I ask for payment FIRST before starting work. Stops people messing around like that. The ones who complain are the ones who thought they could 'delay' payment

Hope you get it sorted soon. She might find that other minders won't take her on if she thinks she can get free care
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a settling period cos if you do, I would consider parting company with this woman if she doesnt turn up with the cash tomorrow, dont let it drag on so she owes you lots

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    This is another reason why I ask for payment FIRST before starting work. Stops people messing around like that. The ones who complain are the ones who thought they could 'delay' payment

Hope you get it sorted soon. She might find that other minders won't take her on if she thinks she can get free care
    I agree. By the sounds of it she's already messed one cm around

Hope NCMA give you some sound advice

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If she turns up without the money tomorrow morning i would send her and her children straight down to the cash point.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always stated to parents what payment arrangements are and if they haven't complied I can't look after their children. In your case I'd give her 24hrs to produce money and if not end contract. I wouldn't even bother to contact NCMA , unless to seek action later to claim non payment