Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Like you i orginally took on 2 lo for 23 days but they needed me each week on different days so i couldnt fill the other days. Being new to this i though this would be ok.
    Then i started July 2010 to be precice....1st week payment i had to ask for second week a day late third week excuse over lost bank card and so i went on til August this year never a payment on time. So i wrote to them saying i was going to add all the fees together minus holidays and they would pay the same every month and then they would know were they where with fees....I insisited on a Standing order being set up...well while on holiday Aug and fees due suprise suprise no money in my account!!!! i called and called resorted to texting nothing. Finally 2 days later i called the land line and lo answered!! Another excuse!! I asked and asked for standing order to be set up and sept oct sent a letter warning fees will be recalcuated and she would owe x amount still not set up and me having to call her asking for my money!!
    Well Dec fees were due monday and i had invoiced her recalcualted fees as warned in the previous months. She came monday morning asked if i have recieve my money, i check my account and there is was in full on time! Then she handed in her notice
    Well i have got over the anger now and at least i dont have to worry every month about when i will get paid (filled the space already)
    Shes going to nursery let them put up with it every month now (i know full well the nursery in question will not put up with it and refuse care!)
    Be strong now, its hard but it only gets worse x

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 201
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Littlegremlins,
    You are right, I wouldn't be wanting to end the contract if it wasn't for this payment issue. I do have a good relationship with the child as does my own child and other minded children.
    Thanks for the advice, Payment is late again this week so looks like I will be having that conversation tomorrow!

dusky777,
    I genuinley don't mind the child taking a full time place - it gives me time with my own baby. What I do mind is losing out financially by turning other clients away (which I have done) and not even getting paid on time for the pleasure.
    You are right though - time has made it worse.........

Post Thanks / Like

Crikey this was an old thread still on going ha

Angel xx

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345